Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wishes, wishes,wishes

This month at Gingersnap creations it's all about...Organization especially using scraps. This week's supply challenge GSC134 is about  Ribbon Scraps. Come on over and paly there's a  pretty prize or just come look at the gorgeous design team creations. So, if you're like me I just can't bear to throw away ribbon scraps. I keep them in a big clear bag and fish around whenever I need a little piece of somethin'. I know there must be a better way, maybe when I unpack my new scrap room, I'll figure out something!

To make my card today, I painted the pale blue background cardstock with black watercolor to give it some punch. The little bits of ribbon and lace came next; there are six different kinds used. I made the  butterfly that was layered on the top too. I added gold stickers, Stickles, ink and rhinestones to a picture of a pretty blue butterfly. The rub-on sentiment of wishes, wishes, wishes completed this little card.

Hope all your wishes will come true this week.
take care, gerri
"Wishes, wishes,wishes"

"Scrappy details"

18 comments:

  1. Loving your layers of ribbon Gerri, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous butterfly gerri, and the gold with the blue is amazing.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gerri
    How pretty this is.
    I will try to keep this challenge in mind as using scraps is part of my crafting life.
    Wishes to you
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous butterfly card. I can relate to keeping scraps of everything. The benefit: I always have a little something when I need it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and all that pretty trim.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Gerri. This is sooo GORGEOUS. Love the butterfly.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love all the details, you do amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, the butterfly is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow Gerri this is stunning love that butterfly it is just gorgeous,super work hun hugs cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovin' that butterfly and what you've done with it. take care. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  11. That butterfly looks amazing.. You rocked this challenge..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, this is amazing, I love all the texture on your butterfly x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gerri, your butterfly is sensational ! and the beautiful blue and golds are a joy to behold.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooooh, love this Gerri! Especially all that gorgeous trim on the left. It is so rich and complements your butterfly just so.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous, the butterfly is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is stunning.
    I love the colours and the butterfly and the ribbons and fibres at the side.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...