Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Once Upon A Springtime

We're off to NYC this week to bring my daughter to her internship, it's been a great holiday and we will miss her! I like to call her my little fairy so here's a tag for Retro Cafe Art in her honor.

I used RCA ATC trefoil gothic frame and coated it with copper glitter.  The tag background is a Glimmer mist spray of orange, copper and green. The little fairy is from Graphic 45 paper, of course I added the Stickles allover her wings and petal skirts. I put a patterned paper of flowers in the ATC frame with Stickles too. The RCA colored roses in orange, lime and rust have some Stickles accents for a glittery touch. The  sentiment is actual the name of the Graphics45 paper that had the fairy on it. Stickled dots were  used as the final accents of this tag.

Hope you will see a little fairy this week.
artfully yours, gerri

"Once upon a Springtime"

"Fairy details"

15 comments:

  1. I just love that you touched the flowers with glitter! It is so YOU, and so gorgeous. Lovely piece, Gerri. Hope all is well in your world. Thanks for dropping by yesterday. So nice to hear from you. take care, xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag, the frame works wonderfully with the image. Happy New Year. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one. It gives me hope as our blizzard continues!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Gerri! This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOOOOOW This is gorgeous Gerri. Love it!!!!!!!
    Also the glitter, but the whole creation is fantastic.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always have loved your attention to the small details.. This looks amazing..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fairy is so magical! Glad you are settled (that must be a HUGE relief) and wishing you a wonderful 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful! I love looking at your art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah Gerri I bet you will miss her so much, but you have put your heart and should into this beautiful tag in her honor. What a beautiful piece the fairy is sublime and the sprinkling of glitter on the flowers is heavenly.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gerri, I hope your Christmas together was nice, if a bit different than usual. I love your fairy tag...the colors you used are gorgeous with the glitter! Have a good time in NYC...I guess I'll need pointers in a few years on my youngest leaving the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully done! What a sweet fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful as always Gerri!
    Cheers!! And Happy New Year:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...