Monday, January 9, 2012

Tiny Castle Landscape

For the  100 proof press design team, I tried something different and created this little stamped and watercolored circle pin. I started watercolor painting 2 years ago , but haven't painted since we have been on the move. Today we are getting settled into our new temporary place and I look forward to painting more! Once I finish unpacking that is...

In my yard sale hunts, I found this gold circle pin (1.5") and knew it would be the perfect frame for an image. The castle town scene #5431 landscape called out to me cause it had such  wonderful  buildings. I stamped it and watercolored it too. For my next jewelry project , I'll be able to have Mary Lou model it for you, since we are now united again! So, I covered the stamped image with Glossy accents to make it more permanent. I rubbed the gold pin across  a Ranger Archival  black ink pad to get that aged look.

Hope you will see apretty landscape , wherever you are this week.
sincerely, gerri


"Tiny landscape"

"Tiny details"

10 comments:

  1. This is truly amazing miniature art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever work and a gorgeous painting. Thanks for sharing gerri.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how that turned out. I always enjoy seeing your watercolors. I hope to do more of that this year. Hope your "temp" move is going well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how lovely Gerri, so a perfect work of art on such a tiny canvas.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Gerri - so "little" - must have been very fiddly to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little piece of Art.. Looks amazing..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is fabulous, Gerri--it looks like one of the miniature paintings that used to be so popular, what a perfect setting for it!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...