Saturday, January 28, 2012

She flies upon the written word

It's been warm here in the wilds of South Carolina, I'm getting kinda confused about what time of year it is. Being from the north I have to remind myself that it's winter here not spring or summer. I'm not complaining just  a change to get used to. To set myself back on course, I thought I'd return to one of my favorite images today of this gorgeous woman's face. It's one of those go to stamps, I adore. I'm entering it in Fashionable Challenge #13 Butterflies or Bugs and of course Beverly's Pink Saturday.

 I stamped the woman's face watercolored her eyes and lips and also stamped a  teenie tiny pink heart on her cheek. The butterfly was stamped next on vellum and cut out. These were all layered on a hot pink feather butterfly that has rhinestones, glitter and Stickles accents. A rhinestone crown, lots of silver Stickles touches, ribbon and fiber streamers and a silver cord to hang up my pretty butterfly came next.

Hope you will fly away on written words this week
take care, gerri



"She flies away on written words"


21 comments:

  1. Great layers and I love the heart on the cheek detail.
    Have a great weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the face on the Butterflies, very effective and I love the little heart on her cheek, lovely touch. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding as usual, Gerri. Love all the layers and bits and pieces. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerri, your butterfly is fabulous. I really enjoy your blog. Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Gerri this is one stunning piece of work so huggable I love it.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gerri
    The face is such a fabulous touch to your butterfly with all its glorious colours.
    I am not participating in Pink Saturday this week but that doesn't stop me from wishing you a Happy Pink Saturday.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. The face into nthe butterfly, gorgeous Gerri.
    Beautiful.
    Nice weekend and lovely geer
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive face with butterly stamp.....HPS!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous piece!

    Thanks for joining in the FSC this time...

    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful idea, your butterfly looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you did with that butterfly, Gerri! I know what you means about the weather, too, here is So Cali it's 80 degrees!! Thanks for sharing. Have a great Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. How creative this is! Lovely...

    greetings, Alie -)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well so how are you enjoying life in SC? They say change is good! Well I do love your butterfly lady, which is so clever in design and stunning! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's simply beautiful, Gerri! I'm in Michigan and I must say, I'm missing my Myrtle Beach summer days on this cold winter night!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Geri,
    This is so pretty! I am so glad that you shared it on Pink Saturday!
    Hugs,
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just stunning Gerri!!! And Happy Pink Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If only all bugs looked that good! LOL
    Stunning!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. A really stunning and unusual creation Gerri. I love the stamping and pretty embellishing.
    Thanks for taking part in our FSC challenge and wishing you good luck.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing work Gerri this really jumped out at me, love the hot pinks and the gorgeous stamping on vellum.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...