Monday, January 16, 2012

To Love is to Live

It's my weekly 100 Proof Press Design team project today, so sorry it's a bit late. This Valentines Day season I am going to try to challenge myself to use different color combinations to represent this holiday. This time it's a black, cream and sepia combination. I think love and life you make you feel like dancing so when I saw this  Can Can Girls #2973 stamp from 100 Proof Press I new I had to use it!

Well, I stamped the Can Can Girls image twice and fussy cut them out. I built up my background by layering Graphic45 paper from the Flying Unicorn store with a postcard image that I maded the stamp , rhinestones and black lace. The dancers were watercolored and glittered up with Stickles. The sentiment was added last and reads "To love is to live."

Hope you will feel like dancing about life or love this week.
artfully yours, gerri
"To Love is to Live"

"Dancing details"

15 comments:

  1. What a great card Gerri, so clever to add the post card and the Can Can girls are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The can can girls are just perfect, what a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A terrific card - I like the effect of the postcard against black lace and the Stickles on the dresses is a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a real fun piece, love it! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work, dear Gerri! Love your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! What a great way to use that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gerri, I can see why you love this stamp its fabulous and so much fun.The postcard background matches so perfectly I just adore it.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Gerri, I love this stamp and the colour combination x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gerri I love these stamp and what a movement in this card. Beautiful.
    Maarvelous creation.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo, Gerri, I love this! It never occurred to me to use different color combinations for Valentine's Day cards. The black, cream, and sepia are fantastic, and I absolutely adore the Can Can girls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous colour combo and perfect for these dancing girls.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a wonderful color combiniation and the Can Can girls are great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much energy in this piece. Love it. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  14. This piece was certainly worth waiting for - what gorgeous dancing images - just beautiful and love the postcard theme and the black lace sets it all off perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...