Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Life's a Journey

Well, today's card really expresses how my life has been lately. "Life's a journey" especially since we have moved from the metropolitan northeast to the low country here in the south. I am getting use to the slower pace but sometimes it can be abit frustrating,  but the nice weather, gorgeous flora and fauna make up for all that.

I made this card because  at Gingersnap Creations, we're focusing on using our scraps this month as well as getting them all organized. We know you have some fabulous scraps just hanging around your craft table. For this challenge, GSC#135 we want you to grab a scrap of your favorite designer paper. There's a random prize given by Stampotique , who is this month's sponsor too. Come on over and join in the fun.
The background paper  is from Italy and I have had it for 20 years, I do use it sparingly! I layered an old bicycle poster image from a calendar that I had kept since 2005. LOL. Some gold ribbon, 3 glitter flowers, gold edges and some layering of gold and green paper came next. The sentiment reads "Life's a journey." And I certainly agree with that!

Hope you will have a wonderful journey this week.
take care, gerri
"Life's a Journey"

"Flower details"

14 comments:

  1. Love your card, the paper is gorgeous for sure. This one reminded me of my FIL, he was Italian (never took citizenship) and he was a professional bicycle racer in his youth in Italy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great and marvelous gerri. Love this Journey very much.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Gerri, my jaw dropped when I saw your paper.... I have been hoarding some with the exact same design for.... well, it's been decades! Yes! I used it to wrap my bridesmaids gifts, and saved a sheet for "posterity." Yep, it's still in my stash of wedding memorabilia, and nope, I'm not using it, LOL! Your card is gorgeous! And I know what you mean about a journey.... I moved from northeast PA to central NC and still don't quite feel like I'm "home". Here's to seeing the good wherever we are, and blooming where we're planted, as they say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card, Gerri. The background paper is very familar to me, I've had the same, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning paper design gerri and you have used it to show it at it's best. Love your card. Hope you settle soon even though it may be slower than you are used to.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoa that paper is gorgeous Gerri! love your beautiful colors and composition. hope you continue to settle in nicely at your new locale. sounds like it is beautiful. take good care. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic image Gerri and perfect for the Journey sentiment!!! Gorgeous background paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow Gerri this is brilliant gosh amazing image,and just love the detail super super layout hun hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Image is stunning .. the paper ravashing and you have again created an over the top piece. LOVE it! xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous creation my friend. Once again I have to say I love your image.. Its fabulous.. Goes perfect with that sentiment..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun image, and beautiful pp--yep, life IS a journey!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous colour combination and jaunty image. I love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...