Monday, January 30, 2012

Missing You Best Friends

Well, one thing about moving here to the south is that I've l moved away from my best friends. Yes there is the phone, email etc but don't you just love sitting with your friends. You can have a conversation face to face, maybe sharing some lunch or running to a flea market or sharing a craft tip. I know I will be build new friendships here and I hope to get lots of visitors, but it's something on my mind today. So when I saw this cute Brownstone #3286-V house from 100 Proof Press and knew I had to make a card for a best friend.

To make this I stamped and fussy cut the house and colored and Stickled in red. The glitter red heart  at the top is from Retro Cafe Art. I layered this on flocked heart paper that was attached with black photo corners.The whole card was edged with black and a label stamped with best friends was attached to the bottom. And that was that!

Hope you will get to spend time with your best friend this week.
take care, gerri
"Best Friend"



9 comments:

  1. Great card Gerri, I am sure you will meet new friends in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I love the red. Only just realised you have moved house. Hope you are settling in ok and you still have a lovely craft room to create in. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Gerri. I love how you've blinged out parts of the building! Best wishes in settling in and meeting new peeps. Hopefully there's an art group summer you can hook up with - they'll be lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card.
    It takes a little time to make new friends,just be patient you'll find them.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gerri Ilove this gorgeous house, and I love even more how you manged to bling it up !!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to use this house! You made it nostalgic and homey :)
    I've been in our new place over a year now. Finally making some friends I could invite to do things like that with....but I do miss being close to my family and other friends....
    ....but, I LOVE our house...so, it was a trade-off...
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gerri this is gorgeous - love the little house image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! I actually made a very brief visit home this weekend and got to see my best friend. I've been away from home since 1999, but we always do our best to keep in touch. This time we only had time to meet for a late night dessert, but so glad we did. My best advise..."Make new friends but keep the old. The ones are silver and the others gold."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...