Tuesday, July 5, 2011

She fixed her gaze and laughed

Well, today is my first time to post as an official Retro Cafe Art Design Team member. Yippee! I just adore all their products, there is something cool for all us creative types. They also have amazing contests where you can win goodies! So please go check them out.

The "Lucy" fairy collage sheet from Retro Cafe Art was my inspiration. She reminded me of the woods, so I added the Lime and Dk Pink Mini paper roses and the vintage brown German cotton spun fairy mushrooms also from Retro Cafe Art. Did you know I had a scrap book as a little child that I put pictures of mushrooms from books and magazines? Oh to have that book today. I used the inside of their ATC frame and painted it with brown crackle paint as the base for the piece. I added a cream skeleton leaf and sprinkled everything with Ranger Stickles. There's some tiny rhinestones and a sequin crown too. The sentiment is water colored to match and says "She fixed her gaze and laughed."  and I wonder why she laughed?

Hope you will fix your gaze and laugh this week.
yours truly, gerri
"She fixed her gaze and laughed."

"Laughing details"



25 comments:

  1. AHHhhhh! She is absolutely gorgeous, Gerri. Puts a smile on your face immediately! hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow hun she sure puts a smile on my face,just love love this to bits,you are so talented hun,just brilliant hugs cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Gerri - such a cute little angel and I love what you have done with all the embellishments. Great "sentiment" too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work Gerri, I especially love those fab mushrooms. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. What a little doll she is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely piece, I love those mushrooms. You can often see them in the woods in autumn, and they always remind me of childhood and fairies, too! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gerri, the first of many, many pieces and I for one cannot wait to see for other art you have in store for us.
    In the meantime, this is just so cute, vintage cute with whimsy.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't help but smile when i viewed this piece. This is just soo darn cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this piece is gorgeous, congratulations on your post at Retro Cafe Art - i'm going to check out their site next - i love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous and magical piece Gerri! I love it!
    xoxo,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Her gaze is really "fixed" ha ha. Oh, she is so beautiful, and your card too :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous garden fairy Gerri, love the sparkle the embellishments, such a creative piece.
    Thanks for all your fabulous comments, I really appreciate them.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am just luv'n this.. Your garden fairy is adorable..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely awesome Gerri,what a doll !
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Gerri, you always come up with the most wonderful ideas. This is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh this is so cool. i love the purples and golds! cute face, too! how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super-Wow!! Exquisitely beautiful..stunning..and sooo charming...I love love love this! Shine on!
    I am bewitched by this dazzling treasure you created!
    victoria

    ReplyDelete
  18. The earthy colors in this piece make it spectacular. I'm guessin you've liked the outdoors for sometime...mushroom book? =)
    I'm out of town for another week, but thought I'd check in. I always enjoy checking in when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just a little sweetie, great use of the skeleton leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful piece and love the expression on the little girls face. love the mushroom makes it really quirky.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  21. So fun! Amazing coloring, Gerri. Hats off to your new DT adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE this!! She is just too adorable! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...