Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Give me Diamond Dreams

Well, today is the last week of the Gingersnap Creation Steampunk challenges. Funny, I really enjoyed putting my girlie spin on all those machine based images. This week, it's a color challenge of iron, leather and brass, or simply put dark grey, warm brown and brassy yellow. Dezinaworld run by the  amazing collage artist June is our wonderful sponsor this week too.When I saw the opal, my birthstone...on the Steampunk Tag set 1 on her site, I knew it was mine! My piece has diamonds on it too, but did you know that diamonds don't really thrill me. I do adore costume jewelry whether its vintage, semi precious or hand crafted. Some day I will have to show you my jewelry dresser! LOL.

This piece started with ATC window from Artchix studio that I added tiny silver and gold german scrap which was toned down with ink. The images were cut and put in the frames. At the corners there are clock faces, gears , cogs, and a fabulous button framed by a diamond buckle. Too bad I can't get the shimmer of the diamonds on my scanner. I added some metal corners, a sprinkle of diamonds (rhinestones, ha ha) and finally the sentiment "Give me Diamond Dreams".

Hope your dreams come true this week.
artfully yours, gerri

"Give me Diamond Dreams"


"Diamond Details"

24 comments:

  1. oh wow hun this is just fantastic gosh hun,the designs you come up with totally blow me away you have some talent hun and this really is amazing hugs cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, Gerri! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious piece you created Gerri! luv it! ...btw, i've been reading your posts, and realized that you use "german" something, and til now, i thought that was the Brand name or something ... and it just hit me, with your name. Do you get those from Germany?? I majored in German in college, and spent one summer there. anyways, have a great day~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerri
    Reading comments on my Blog, thank you again for the second sweet comment on the Underwater Love canvas. It was fun to create even though the colours were far from my usual choice.
    Now as for your piece of art, the image of the woman is central, a real sense of wistfulness in her eyes. So personal to have incorporated an image of your birthstone in this piece of art.
    It is always an absolute joy to visit your Blog.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful detail.. Love it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply adore all the elements you used in such a small space and how they work seamlessly together! Beautiful, fun piece. Thanks for dropping by my blog, Gerri. Love seeing you there. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you created the frames Gerri and all those wonderful embellishments add something very special.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, this is perfect Gerri,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love all the details in this Gerri! Way cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, Gerri. I have been away after a week away and hate that I missed so many of your wonderful creations. I will be slowly catching up. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, Gerri, This is absolutely amazing, my friend!!! Fabulous!!!

    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am already a follower - I always admired your beautiful work again thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gerri this is really dynamic! just love what you have created here. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful project! I have to give Steampunk a try- I love the embellishments and German Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooooh, I love this. Haven't seen the ATC window frame so you can consider yourself a perfectly fine Enabler this morning. Love how you added the GS to the frame and your own birthstone makes it all the more special. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't like diamonds either and that's coming from a jeweler lol. Beautiful creation love all the cogs and wheels and the corner piece, perfection once again my dear.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous piece! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gerri this one is amazing !!!! fab work
    hugs June xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...