Tuesday, July 12, 2011

And they were happy

Continuing on my best friend theme from yesterday, for my Retro Cafe Art  Design Team post, I wanted to try something a little different, so I made a tiny collage necklace. I love this little box from RCA and it's called a Large Brass Box Flip Frame Acrylic Kit. I  used their dancer images from the Best Friend xoxo Collage sheet for two sides, one side has a tiny ticket sticker and the fourth has words on pink music paper.  There are two flower buttons added to the bottom, a striped ribbon bow, a heart charm and musical charm too. The sentiment says "And they were happy." I photographed it on my trusty dressform named Mary Lou to show to you today.

Hope you will get to be happy sometime this week.
artfully yours, gerri

"And they were happy"



15 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous little necklace. However, Gerri, I must warn you ... I am in LOVE with Mary Lou! Should she at any time disappear from your keeping, you might look here first .. he he. Have a wonderful day. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gerri
    You will cause a stir when you are seen out and about wearing such a unique piece of jewellery.
    Oh those little details are so wonderful and I also cannot take my eyes of Mary Lou. If Mary Lou ever wants a change of scenery then she is most welcome in Scotland LOL.
    A wonderfully inspiring start to my blog visits this morning.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hun,wow these are stunning pieces of jewellery hun,you will def be noticed with these hun,brilliant hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. I love this..such a conversation piece. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. I have a couple of her boxes-You inspire me to get busy and create with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Donna, I love the necklace, but feel that Marilour should be with me!! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your project is wonderful! I really love this idea.



    Thank you for posting my blog candy in your side bar. Good luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the box frame and yet again decorated beautifully. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun necklace. You made it look sooooo pretty.

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did you get all those tiny elements to looks so good......but then of course you are the amazing Gerri and she can do just about anything ! Fabulous piece. I love it.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, such a wonderful necklace, that's really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful and delicate little jewelry piece - so unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very intricate Gerri! and such a lovely piece of jewelry.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...