Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Happy, it's enough for me

The heat wave broke for us today with a tremendous  thunderstorm, so I'm happy. I made this Retro Cafe Art Design Team piece with that sentiment today and it's all pink, frilly and girlie. Alot of my work is girlie, but if you know me I am definitely not girlie in anyway  not in how I dress, the way I entertain or the way I decorate. Wonder what that really means? lol.

So this piece started with the RCA  pink German Dresden Doilie  as a frame and added the image of the pretty little girl. The pretty girl is from RCA collage sheet  titled Best Friends XOXO. She is painted with watercolors and has Ranger Stickles accents. I layered her on some pink rose ribbon trim and placed it on a crochet piece, which I have had for many years. I added chunky pink glitter to the doilie, more pink Stickles, a sheer ribbon tie and the sentiment, "Happy, it's enough for me."

Hope you'll be happy this week.
artfully yours, gerri

"Happy, it's enough for me!"

"Happy Details"

23 comments:

  1. So feminine, so pretty! I love the doilies and roses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feminine, pink and absolutely lovely. Hope you have a wonderful day in a cooler climate. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh hun this is a beauty oh what a gorgeous piece of work hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerri, she is definitely a girlie girl even though you may not be. Has a very Victorian scrapbook feel to it which is quite lovely.
    Sometimes I wonder myself, the art we create what does it all really mean. I find it quite fascinating.
    Enjoy the break in the weather.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pink piece, and reminds me that I have loads of those doilies in my closet, have to start working more with them! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to say it's so cute Gerri - but I don't mean in a cutesy way I mean in a very vintage, feminine way. I love the layers and the image you have used.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soooo pretty. I love pink. I even love to wear pink as long as it's a t-shirt.. I even have a pair of pink converse.. Not that I am girly in anyway either.. I think it is going to rain here in Las Vegas also.. YEA!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gerri, I love this! You are totally rockin' that collage sheet! Love the frilly pink and they way you used the doilie. I'm like you when it comes to the girlie stuff - I don't really dress or play the part, but I love to make a girly piece of art now and again :). xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and feminine! I love the all the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this piece makes me "happy" :-) luv her cheek! :-)Glad to hear that you had a break from heat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love her cheeky cheeks , what a great image and you ace masterfully placed her in beautiful surroundings, simply gorgeous.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty Gerri- maybe you are just a girly girl secretly :-) Pink and glitter makes me happy x Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just so sweet Gerri - love the pink colourings and the little girl image is gorgeous!!! a beautiful hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How pretty in pink! The roses and doily really set it off perfectly!
    Glad to hear it cooled off a bit!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pink, very Victorian, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this. It reminds me of the Charlotte dolls I have been looking at on-line, with the rouged cheeks. You have really captured it,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. super sweet creation Gerri! i love it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty and extremely feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful piece Gerri. I love all the details you add the stickles and the ribbon is gorgeous as a frame!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...