Monday, July 11, 2011

I thought you knew, Now you tell me

Dear friends, sorry for the late post of 100 Proof Press this morning. We spent yesterday getting my daughter and her friend ready and packed up to go on their road trip to sell tee shirts and feather headbands at concerts. My daughter is the designer and yes she does get her talent from her parents and grandparents too! So this little collage ATC size reminded me of  them, as two best  friends together.

I started with a black ATC base and added some patterned paper, a sherbet colored feather, pale blue tulle and the wonderful friend image by Retro Cafe Art. This collage sheet #169 is called Best Friends xoxox, a perfect title  for this piece! The fringe was the 100 Proof Press Stamp #3694N Fringe. I stamped it 4 times, cut it out and then water colored it. Some watercolor touches, a sprinkle of  rhinestones and the sentiment "I thought you knew....Now you tell me", and my best friends were complete.

Hope you get to spend some time with a best friend this week.
artfully yours, gerri
"I thought you knew...Now you tell me."

"Fringe Details"

20 comments:

  1. Great images and what a creative way to use the fringe, very effective. Love the feather too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic image of female friends. Wonderful use of a tassle stamp, it looks so realistic.
    Always, always a joy to visit and see what wonders you have been creating because you never disappoint Gerri, never.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing Gerri and I love the two friends!!!! LOL I love their bonnets!! The fringe is great and so is the "chicken wire" looking background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Gerri, love the feathers and fringe! What a sweet image too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, simply lovely. The fringe works very well. The feather at the back is perfect. The collage images suit the piece to a T. Love it! Take care, hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great piece Gerri! Super creative!!
    xoxo,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous piece. The real feather is perfect for this image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gem!!!! I love how you've added just the right touches without allowing your work t bog down on too much detail. very fetching! And touching as well. Sweet.
    Best wishes for sales for the two travelers!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. gosh hun this is just amazing,the feathers are just brilliant,the image,well is just sheer delight,good luck to the travellers,hope it goes well for them hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun piece. Love that fringe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful,, just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing! I love the feathers and love the combination of elements.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a fun piece, two friends together! Just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow love the fringes ! The fingers the lovely ladies, just gorgeous.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, this is fun. I love the fringe and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Gerri, this is so beautiful. I'll bet your daughter's are is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty and vintage! love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...