Wednesday, July 20, 2011

At the final moment , you'll come back to me

This week at Gingersnap Creations, our theme is "Trains and Planes" following the month long Steampunk Celebration. Our wonderful sponsor is the talented June at Dezinaworld.. At Dezinaworld you can find amazing images, some times even for free! I decided to do another another girlie steampunk with the lovely lady from  Dezinaworld's Steampunk 4 set. Her circular umbrella with gears reminded me of my gold doilies, so I knew right where to start.

The background was a circular picture of a train on a page of my favorite Dover book on transportation. I cut it out then used half of my circle punch to make the it look like a big gear. I painted, inked used a paint pen and used dimension paint to the background. The gauge, suitcase, lady, #2 and key images are layered with gold doilies and don't they look like gears too! A clock sticker and clock time table and the sentiment "At the final moment future husband, you'll come back to me."  completed my collage. I do so like the idea of time travel and the old space time continuum problem, mixing past, present and future. It really gets me to thinking!

Hope at the final moment of the past, present or future, someone will return to you.
take care, gerri

"At the final moment future husband, you'll come back to me."

"Steamy details"

24 comments:

  1. This is steamy indeed! I love the image of the woman, but the overall collage is awesome! The German scrap is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW hun this is a master piece oh the detail in this is amazing that image in the background works beautifully with,the overall collage hun this is just fantastic work just love love it hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great composition, and the gold doily is perfection. I love your 'girly steampunk' inventions. Very unique. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scene you have created, great sentiment to go with it and fab layering.
    Have a great day Gerri.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gerri a wonderful sense of the romantic heart captured in your heart. You and I are such old romantics!
    Wonderful attention to detail using your circle punch in this manner.
    Steampunk has just got very romantic and I love it.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout Gerri, the sentiment makes me think of my own wedding cake - the topper was a groom trying to run with the bride holding onto his collar lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING. Like I have said before you don't miss a single detail.. I just love this..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a terrific piece Gerri,love all the detail and the words.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful collage, great details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gerri, this is one of my favorite pieces I've seen you create! I just love it! The Title is so perfect, too! Oh, I'm in love with it! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super dooper piece, lots of interest and bits and bob and wonderful things to gaze on and admire, stunning composition, just adore it.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally wonderful design Gerri. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh lah lah! Another beauty, Gerri! Love your idea on using the circle punch to make your own gear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please do tell me this is in your top 10 because it is #1 with me! Stunning the way you pulled all the pieces together into 1 cohesive image! Totally gorgeous Gerri!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I love the vintage feel and the collage effect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhh wow Gerri its fantastic !!
    Hugs June xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow!! Amazing Piece,Gerri!! Luv ALL the elements on this piece!!! this is a FANTASTIC ART PIECE!! ps. Thank you Gerri for reading that LONG post on world cup. I was just inspired bye them so much and had to write about it, from my knowledge & my emotions, WITHOUT A CARD on the post there!! LOL!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG Gerri thi is just the most stunning piece and I love the "saying" how fantastic! I'm really floored by this piece I can't stop looking at it LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful cards - you did a great job tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so in awe- what an awesome project! Love it to the last detail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Way cool! Love how you put everything together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...