Friday, July 22, 2011

I'll do my best to take care of you

For today's Retro Cafe Art Design Team project, I've created this glitter shrine using their Exquisite Shrine and the Best Friends Collage Sheet. Some exciting news for all, at Retro Cafe Art, they are having an amazing shrine contest with  4... count them 4,  $50.00 prizes! Even a free gift for spreading the word! Here's the link with all the info for the Shrine Contest at Retro Cafe Art. Think of how this prize could make your stash the best ever!  So this is me.... doing my best to take care of you. At the end of my post there are rules too.

To make today's project I glittered each layer of the shrine and set them aside. I put the 3 lovely bathing beauties and added the water colored sentiment "Ill do my best to take care of you" on the bottom layer. After gluing the layers together I added some blue german scrap shells  and some glitter shells. On the Shrine I added a star fish with a rhinestone, a colored shell for the back and a tiny beach umbrella. It's really a drink umbrella! LOL.

"I'll do my best to take care of you."





Below are the rules from Kristin at Retro Cafe Art., you really must check it out.

The Rules:1. Create up to 3 pieces of art using any Coffee Break Design Shrine Kit (any of the kits in this category count, even the shelf shrines and tiny shrine charms). So you can have 1, 2 or 3 entries. The art can be whatever you wish. A stand alone shrine, a shrine as part of another piece, jewelry, etc. Just as long as each piece has at least one of the products in the Shrine Kit category!

2. Email your photos to retrocafeart@gmail.com subject: Shrine Kit Contest. Please do a separate photo for each entry. Files between 200 -300 KB preferred. I will post these photos on our Facebook page in a special album as they are received. Please include your full name in your email.

3. Deadline is September 2nd. This will give you 6 weeks to get your shrine in!

4. We love our International customers and you are welcome to play!

The Prizes:1. $200 in gift certificates will be awarded - our biggest contest yet! Two winners, which will be selected using a random number generator will each win a $50 gift certificate to Retro Café Art Gallery! I'll be using the photos in the Facebook album to create the number system.

2.A THIRD and FOURTH winner will also win a $50 gift certificate to Retro Café Art Gallery. Christopher, my unbiased judge, will pick his top 5 favorites which will be posted to this blog. Then YOU will vote for your favorite by leaving a comment! The top 2 will win the certificates.

3. ALL players will receive a special digital collage sheet just for playing, so everyone WINS!

4. There must be at least 6 entries for the contest to take place. In the event that there aren't enough entries, all contestants will be given a prize!

SPREAD THE WORD AND GET A FREE GIFT:
1. If you would like to help spread the word about our contest, you will get our brand new Beautiful Roses Digital Collage Sheet free as a Thank you! One sheet per person, though you are welcome to post in multiple places with great appreciation.

2. Post about this contest on your blog, Facebook, website, etc. and link back to THIS post. Email me at retrocafeart@gmail.com and show me where you have posted, and I will email you your digital collage sheet! So even if you don't play, you can still win! Feel free to use the button above, though it's not required.


Hope some friend will take care of you this week.
take care, gerri

17 comments:

  1. Oh wow Gerri this is so glitzy, great shrine my friend, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this glitters like the sun, I need my shades! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your glitzy shrine and the image is perfect inside and I love the little umbrella. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Gerri, your Blog is my first stop this Friday morning and oh how you have brightened this very dull morning with all this sparkle and fun.
    Gorgeous detail with the umbrella and don't these gals look like they are having the best fun, which is what times spent with friends should always be all about.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful creation Gerri. Such a fun piece! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh I have to say I adore this piece Gerri, you know i am a closet glitter fiend lol. its stunning.
    Ohhhhh and if you get chance go and grab my freebies at Dezinaworld and join in the fun if you want too.Have a great weekend
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Love it! Love it! All that glitter ... absolutely marvelous, Gerri. Take care, hugs, Donna Thanks for visiting my blog ... I adore when you come to visit. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really a fabulous piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, I love how you do glitter! Your shrine is adorable, I love the beauties and the colored shells. Sounds like an awesome contest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I have to say, I'm loving all that glitter!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love all the glitter.. And those bathing beauties look amazing.. Sound like a fun contest..

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh just love this hun,adore all the glitter you have added to this,great work as always hun hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shrine is really fantastic. I love all the sparkle!!!! You did an amazing job! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well! Thank you for sharing with us your ins and outs for making this wonderful, playful, sunny work of art! And I notice you can never have too much glitter--especially if it's tastefully applied.
    I have a passion for glitter--the more, the merrier. But I will try not to copy your lovely idea if I can get around to joining the fun.
    Great post! So much fun!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just a wonderful glittery shrine!! Love it Gerri! I love little shrines and yours is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that is one glitzy and glamorous shrine there Gerri , love it !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...