Wednesday, June 22, 2011

So, what's wrong with that

Continuing with the shopping theme at Gingersnap Creations, this week the color challenge is the "Color of Money". I choose to include  currencies from around the world, so I could include all colors and shop where ever I pleased! LOL. Please stop by Gingersnap Creations to enter your projects or just see the amazing Design Teams pieces.

I used our June sponsor Altered Pages collage sheet "Currency 105D' for the colorful money and the large money sentiment. The vintage woman image is from Graphics Fairy ...and it's one of my favorites. The background is a navy patterned paper layered with a black floral trim and german scrap. I added a large black glitter swirl , black ribbon roses, black  and gold rhinestones and gold doily trim. The tiny word sentiment, I added says "What's wrong with that!".  Don't you agree?

This week why not say "so, what's wrong with that !" whenever you want too.
till next time, gerri
"Money is the root of all evil so, what's wrong with that?"

"So what details"

22 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning Gerri and perfect for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow hun this is simply stunning oh this is amazing hun you are clever,hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece, but the quote is really *The love of money is the root of all evil*. I just know I would love to have a bit more! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerri
    Yesterday I printed that image out onto canvas paper to use in artwork - how spooky is that!!! I have come across her in different colours and poses, she is fabulous.
    She has such an air about her which fits so well with the sentiment. Oozes decadence.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just fabulous art! I love the quote also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this gerri, money might the root of all evil but is sure is fun to have now and then !
    hugs, amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty piece and a bit amusing, too! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful collage.. So much fun stuff to look at.. And I just love the quote.. Made me smile this morning..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must have had fun making this one, Gerri... it shows! She's hilarious with her serious face and knockout sentiment, and all the jewels are marvelous. Just spied the three in the sentiment - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could look at this for ages there is so much detail...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. just gorgeous!!!!Wonderful collage!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It’s always a pleasure seeing what you are up to.
    Great composition! Love all the layering and how you have put all the elements together. Very inspiring!

    Have a wonderful rest of this week and a sunny upcoming weekend!

    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the sentiment !!!! Fabulous collage and love the dark tones on this one but being in the jewllery business just love her bling !!! Genius and such a great touch. Have a lovely day.


    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!! This is an amazing project!! I too like that vintage lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this collage, great saying. I've still my thinking cap on ....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous piece Gerri, love the swirls and muted colours.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning, gorgeous, and I love the statement!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous piece! Love how you put it together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...