Sunday, June 26, 2011

Shooting Stars in a Hot Night Adventure

Yes, I'm abit late with my post today, please forgive me, but  my shooting-stars in a hot night adventure kept me from it.... Not really, just relaxing and letting my mind wander this morning. I met with my women's art group this week and there was much wonderful sharing about their current trips abroad to France, Switzerland and Brazil. I really must save my pennies (LOL, dollars) and take a  Grand Tour. The collage today is my vision of that Grand Tour .

The lovely traveler is from Fripperies and Butterflies, where they are having a June challenge with lovely ladies. I started this piece with patterned paper trimmed in black and added a big travel sticker of Cairo. The suitcases and steamer trunk are cut out from a Moonlight Journey collage sheet. I think they should hold all the things that I would pack! Some gold foil little emblems of an airplane, palm tree and journey and my sentiment on a weathered tag came next. The fantastic metal elephant pendant and some dangling colored beads took this collage over the edge.

So what kind of adventure will you discover on your journey this week?
sincerely , gerri
"I have discovered shooting stars in a hot night adventure."

"Hot details"

20 comments:

  1. What a great traveler you are,love this!
    Wish I could journey as well.
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing Gerri and so makes me want to visit all those wonderful exotic places!! Great embellishments too! A beautiful piece as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely head over heals for this one. It appeals to me no end! It's the Gypsy in my soul. Obviously, Gerri, you will need someone to help you with your 'very few' bags. I'm available. Just looking at it makes me want to pack and climb on that camel. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, that really puts me in the mood to travel! Love all the elements you used for this amazing collage. I wouldn't have thought to add the beads, but I absolutely love that finishing touch! And I forgot to mention earlier a congratulations for your new DT gig. Looking forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a beautiful piece and so much going on,

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow hun this is just stunning oh love the elephant charm,the and those beads,to make one,astonishing,collage hun just fantastic,love hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely collage, hope you get that money saved for the grand tour. But I must say, I prefer horse riding to sitiing on camel anyday! Hugs,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Gerri
    Your attention to detail and storytelling (I love art with a story) is second to none.
    Oh I love the notion of a Grand Tour, possibly read Room with A View too many times!! To travel to different cities with sketchbook in hand, simply wonderful.
    One day I am sure you will visit such places in the meantime you have your art to take the edge of your Wanderlust.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is quite a rich and colorful piece! I really enjoy all the fine details in this one.
    There's a wonderful quote from the movie, "Out of Africa" which says "I have been a mental traveler."
    Nice post!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Gerri, I am reminiscing seeing the Egypt picture, we were there only last year and just loved it - so much rich history.
    Have a good week.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gerri - Awesome as always. Your ladies are always so lovely.....and I want to go on a trip too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous collage Gerri. Have a great week, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, Gerri, I don't have words!!! AMAZING!!!

    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am transported to far away places!!! marvelous!x

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks awesome and she's already to go! Is there room for me?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that your post's are always accompanied with a little tale I really enjoy and look forward to them as much as your art. This piece really makes me feel like getting away from it all. Gorgeous collage with fab elements.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful collage, give a fantastic holiday feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous collage Gerri, love the steamer trunk and luggage along with your stylish lady, great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a Fabulous piece I Love it Gerri
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...