Sunday, June 19, 2011

Little Fairy, you'll discover the way.

This is my second post today and yes, I have fairies on my mind. On Wednesday, I was honored to be a feature crafter at the wonderful Karen's fabulous Graphics Fairy blog. You can see the post here. So with fairies flying around before my eyes, I created this little fairy tag for Grungy Monday. This challenge is hosted by the lovely Linda at Studio L3 based on the techniques of the incredibly fabulous Tim. It is a challenge called Tim Holtz January 2008 technique. Please check out both of these wonderful sites to learn more.

After trying the technique to produce the dragon flies, which came out a bit faint. I inked the printed paper tag with Distress inks. I then over stamped a tiny vine and leaf detail in lime. I added a Graphics Fairy vintage mushroom image and an Artchix Studio transparent fairy. Some fiber, fabric leaves edged in copper and ribbons were added to make the forest floor. Scalloped edges inked with copper were added to the sides. A sparkle ribbon was tied to the tag. The Fairy name plaque is from Artchix Studio too and is attached with copper brads. I water colored in some additional grass to add some dimension. The sentiment reads... "little fairy, You'll discover the  way".

Hope you'll  find your way, no matter where you are going this week.
take care, gerri

"little fairy, you'll discover the way."

"fairy details"

24 comments:

  1. oh wow gerri hun this is stunning just love that fairy and love how you have used those fibres,oh you are clever hun,just brilliant hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gerri, Your post title caught my attention so I popped over to take a look. I love your fairy tag colors and fiber textures, it's so pretty. Have a great week, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fairy,so many fun things going on in this one. Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I love Artchix's fairies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a beautiful piece, really romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Gerri, I love the way the fibre looks on this along with the silk leaves. Perfect image combination and love that dp too. Thanks for always being a supporter of me on my blog, I really appreciate all of your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Gerri .. the fibre grass is fab. Where is the 'Fairy' tag from. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just fabulous Gerri. I love the textures and layers and that image is gorgeous.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful collage creation and beuatiful color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great collage Gerri love the grass too very effective with lovely colours .

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love everything about this,,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Gerri this is just gorgeous - I love fairies!!! Beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Gerri, I am enchanted by this magical fairy piece. Too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! Love your mushroom fairy she is fabulous. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty and delicate tag here! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely fantasy crafting. Enjoy your week Gerri. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gerri, this is just so pretty and elegant! Love this! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fantastic.. I just love seeing your creations..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on being a Featured Artist.
    She is a little whimsical beauty.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...