Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Be true to yourself Announcement

Yes, I have been a tease lately, so today I will  finally tell you that I am on the new Design Team for a wonderful company called Retro Cafe Art. This company is run by the amazing artist Kristin Hubrick. She carries unique altered art supplies, collage sheets, digital collage sheets, handmade jewelry and so much more. You can also check out Kristens blog  and follow her as she travels about going to craft fairs and cool events with her art and supplies.


My first design project is a sweet little ATC with the sentiment "What did you learn here? You have to be true to yourself." The frame is a Retro Cafe Art ATC Fancy Frame that I crackle painted and edged in white paint. I just adore these ATC frames because they add dimension to your piece. The image is from their Best Friends Collage sheet and the tiny frame is a Shabby Vintage Resin Frame. I layered some sparklie sequins with tiny white  button brads in the corners. I cut the word snippets to create the sentiment from an old book and watercolored it to match each of the friends dresses to complete this ATC.

Till next time, hope you will true to yourself this week.
artfully yours, gerri

"What did you learn here? You have to be true to yourself."

"True Details"


22 comments:

  1. oh wow hun this is brilliant oh love those ladies,makes one stunning,design hun and congratulations on your DT post too so well deserved hugs cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerri - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I bet Retro Cafe are so happy to have you and you will make the most inspriing pieces!!!! I love these two ATC's they are wonderful and love those "sentiments"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS!!!! Dear Gerri I couldn't be happier for you. Amazing things are happening but it is because you are making them happen and you are being true to yourself because you are creating from the heart.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont you love those girls?!! Congrats on you DT appointment too - fabulous!!Enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being on the design team, and a lovely piece you have made here! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must be over the moon! Huge congratulations from me! Soak it all in and enjoy the moment .. sending a big hug, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, I love The Retro Cafe products. Your creation is lvely, love the little frame within a frame, great images. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Gerri and this is a wonderful piece. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Gerri. love the card and love Retro,I've bought lots there.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being on the design team and I absolutely love your design! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting, Gerri! Congrats on your new endeavour... I love your work and look forward to more of it! Love the sentiment today, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Gerri-an honor well deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome Gerri - this is perfect for you and how exciting~~!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Gerri they are lucky to have you! Cute ATC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Gerri thoroughly deserved new DT post. As always your creations are perfect, love how you used the colour from the flower on your snippets, fantastic .

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I have to say they picked the right gal for the job.. Your Art is beautiful.. I just adore this little ATC you created here..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on being selected for the design team! Your ATC is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations girlfriend! Awesome that you are on the DT, I know you will do them proud. I will definitely have to check them out and their blog! Love the ATC too, great frames and I love your cut out words and how you colored them in.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Gerri! That's so wonderful--and right up your alley I should think. And what a way to begin with this wonderful creation--true to form!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations, Gerri - a wonderful piece. Love the framed face.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a gorgeous creation! Congratulations on your new DT assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...