Saturday, June 4, 2011

Key to the Queens Heart

For Pink Saturday today, I've created something different....it's a jewelry set that's fit for a Queen. The set has three pieces: a necklace,  a rosette pin and big chunky ring. I had fun playing with my Ranger UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamel) and my melting pot. I don't use it as much as I really should cause it makes a bit of a mess.....

Instead of putting just a paper image in the bottom of a pendant shape like I was taught by Suze Weinberg, I also added a chipboard piece. These chipboard pieces shaped like Fleur de Lis are painted a rosy pink and brown then flecked with gold. I poured the melted UTEE into forms and edged them with golden foil tape. For the pin, I sprayed printed crepe paper  with Glimmer mist to make the outer rosette. For the necklace, I added rich pink ribbon and a gold key to the Queen's heart.

Hope you'll be given the royal treatment this week.
always, gerri
"Royal Pink Jewelry"

15 comments:

  1. Such pretty things. Love them all! Have a happy pink day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So different but still so fabulous and perfect for any Queen. Love the addition of the lace.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad blogger fixed my comment forms...This jewlery set is great! I like how you set each piece apart with a differt styling. I've had a melting pot for about a year and a half but have never used it. I may have to be pulling that out! Thanks for the inspiration, Gerri...as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really unique and lovely Gerri. You do some terrific designing.
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful!

    I love it!

    Happy pink saturday!

    xoxo

    visit me anytime...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so blessed with talent! What a fabulous designer you are... jules

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love all the elements.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW.. You are so talented.. I just love all three pieces. Hope you are having a happy day!!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Fleur de Lis jewelry! Happy Pink Saturday! ~Marti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how absolutely gorgeous, I just love your jewelry set!!
    I'm happy I met you on etsy! I have so enjoyed visiting your blog Gerri, you are so talented and you create such beauty!!
    I'm following you too and looking forward to seeing your next work of art!!
    Hugs,
    Carol Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. How different and all great fun. Love the piece with the key. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! It was generous of you to share your technique!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    http://jmkoriginals.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty, the chipboard was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so gorgeous! It would be lovely to wear with a fun summer dress.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowzers! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...