Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pout, You Drama Queen

This month's theme at Gingersnap Creations is one of my favorites....it's all about Shopping. I bet shopping is one of your favorite things too. LOL. Well, the emphasis is on using labels, tags and packaging materials in our art. I save interesting tags from clothing and such, they are such a graphic element that  I love reusing them in my art. This first week's challenge GC#105 is "From the Mall". Come visit our group and join in the fun, plus you get to see my fellow Ginger Design team members' fantastic creations.

 It was this red lipped "Pout" hangtag that started my  Design team card this week.The "Pout" tag colors of black, white and red  are another go to color combination for me. Its bold, graphic and photographs so well.  I layered the tag, the vintage tiny fashion images 1941D, from  our sponsor this month Altered Pages, on to a red lace paper background. On top of these, I added Artchix Transparencies that said "got style" and "drama queen" then added the red passion and crazy labels. The flower came next with patterned paper , tulle, a red Poker chip! and a big gem. Some 3d flowers and more gems and the drama queen was off to the mall.

Hope you have a chance to be a crazy drama queen this week. (LOL)
artfully yours, gerri
"Pout, you crazy drama queen."

"Got style details."

25 comments:

  1. This is fabulously crazy gal! I love it! The small white and black pp flowers..with the red jewels...OMG..perfect! I bet who ever came up with that tag...didn't know how much fun you would have with it! I love your take on the challenge! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Gerri! Great new theme at Gingersnap Creations and your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great piece gerri,you do a terrific job!
    Hugs, amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the woman ... just the right face for the tag. Great composition and image combinations as usual ... very fun. Have a great day Gerri - hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most wonderful detailing on your card, in fact a brilliant collage card.
    I love how you used the tag as your source of inspiration.
    I have to say, great images.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic image - love the striking black and red used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful collage, really a femine piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This look fabulous. I just love those deep reds you used.. What a fun challenge..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific and a fun piece, love it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE it!!! This makes pouting fun. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so very cool Gerrie! Love that pout tag with the lips and love the gal with Got Style with the fashion models in the background.
    You did a great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am always a drama queen as you know , but wish I looked like one yours. Fab pieces very diva like , love the black and red very sexy.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great piece ... full of shopping and colour drama.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous! Love the red/black color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful work, thanks for sharing!

    hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
    http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic recycling idea using tags fro shopping! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh - how fun! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! I can comment again....whoopie!!! Did you miss me? lol
    Gerri, my most favorite colors (to wear) are red and black so this design really knocks my socks off! I especially love the flowers with the jeweled centers. Perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a striking piece--and fun, too!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome! I love that your art always has a narrative quality!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...