Monday, June 13, 2011

A Garden Sweetly Told

For my 100 Proof Press piece this week I tried something different and made a necklace. Costume jewelry is one of my guilty pleasures.... making it and buying it too! LOL. I had this little hinged pendant from an old Christmas decoration and thought it'd make just the right base for a stamped image.

I used Elwain's walkway gate 2594N stamp and them water colored a peaceful garden scene with roses and a rose arch. I had some metal flowers, bugs and a hummingbird charm, so I used Ranger Alcohol ink and painted them all pretty colors. To tone down the colors I wiped on white acrylic paint. Glued on my sentiment "a garden sweetly told" and I was already to string it on a silver chain. I also have shown you a photo of this necklace on my dressform called Mary Lou.

Hope you can take a walk in a sweet garden this week.
always, gerri


 
"A garden sweetly told"

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous piece! Would look good hanging round my neck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow- just gorgeous divine Fab :-) can't think of anymore adjectives- just lovely Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Lou wears it so well (hey, there's a title for a post LOL)
    A gorgeous piece of jewellery with beautiful detail and amazing stamping.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh hun these are amazing oh such beautiful,colors and detail,you are clever hugs cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful,, just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gerri,this is an incredible creation!! Love it !!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gerri this is lovely and a great piece to showcase the stamp. Love love the embellishments. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! Will be over to try it on my neck. The perfect fit I'll bet. Absolutely sumptuous, Gerri! Internet down in Mexico for a couple of days .... arrrrgh! Back up now ... take care, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once again your talent just blows me away..
    This is amazing..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful piece Gerri - just stunning - great image and the "nature" embellishments are wonderful and suit the image!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful necklace, love the sentiment on the necklace too. Mary Lou is a lucky gal to be adorned like that in your studio, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fantastic piece, really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...