Tuesday, June 21, 2011

As Precious as a Shimmering Sea Pearl

Though I'd try something totally new, so recently  I participated in my first match book swap at Vintage Dragonfly Altered Matchbook Group on Flickr. The matchbox theme was "The Sea". Its surprising what you can do with such a tiny little box only 2" by 1 1/2". The good news is that besides the outside of the box, there's the interior and I added a little stand. I enjoyed this so much that I actually made one for myself too. LOL. Think I will save that little matchbox to show you in a future post.

The pastel plaid exterior was decorated with a colorful fish image dotted with "Stickles" glitter which is the challenge at Inspiration Emporium this month. There are lots of sea details with die cuts of shells and a seahorse, a shell image, a plastic starfish and tiny real seashells and pearls. (the pearls are not real!). Some sparkly fiber and glitter and more Stickles give it the sparkles of the sea. The interior aquarium as all the same type of details but with an acrylic window and pretty pink german scrap. The little pastel plaid stand has button and shell feet with more glitter. I did include a lot of pics today cause this is definitely my new favorite sea piece!

Hope you will see something  as precious as a sea pearl this week.
artfully yours, gerri

"Precious Pearl Matchbox Exterior, Interior and Stand"



26 comments:

  1. Like a pretty little aquarium! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHhh! Gerri .. it's absolutely WILD and Wonderful1 It's great fun. Thanks for coming over to my blog so often, Gerri. It's lovely to have you there. Take care. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, all that detail in such a tiny space, incredible. Think I would keep one for myself too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is so sweet. What beautiful colours and elements Gerri, I just adore it.
    Have a good day.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab little piece! Like the idea of the stand too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing what you've fit in there - it's like the world's tiniest shadow box. Love how you've framed it in the pink German scrap. I think you have quite a nice stash of GS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gerri this is a great little matchbox and you've really done justice to the "sea" theme - I love decorating matchboxes too so it was great to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love all the little details on this. It is just fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen several of these but this one is tops. looks like a mini jewelry box.
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too Gerri, this treasure of the sea has to be my favorite sea piece. The details are truly gorgeous. I can't believe you added so much beautiful detail to such a tiny piece, it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my all the details are incredible! I can't absorb that you did all of this matchbox size!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cool piece! I love the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gerri
    Aren't they such fun to swap or even not to swap.
    A really arty take on the theme with brilliant colours.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Gerri,
    You really created a spectacular treasure for your partner!!! I'm so happy you're part of our group and look forward to seeing what you do for the Grandma's Attic swap.
    xo
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hold on one moment while I pick my jaw up off the floor.. This is Totally amazing.. I think I have said this before but you have an Eye for such great little details.. It is amazing..

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!! awesome! the stand you made to go with it is fabulous!!! the wole piece is quite a treasure! Lucky you AND your swap partner!!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How do you do it ??????? This tiny teeny weeny box is filled and covered with such gorgeous and precious things you certainly have nimble fingers Gerri its amazing and love that you made it a little stand fabulous !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. fun fun collage- so much going on
    love the glitter!
    thanks for sharing
    I hope you will enter our challenge
    http://createdbyhandchallenge.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh hun i just bought some match boxes to play with but must say yours is just stunning hun the detail is just brilliant,awesome work hun hugs cheryl xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. How darling Gerri, the inside is just like an undersea magical world!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Exceptional work! Love the details you put into such a small space. Of course the colors you used are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous details and colors. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh My Gosh! You are truly amazing!! This is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, that's so lovely, wonderful details on such a small place.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...