Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happy Artist, who am I to argue with destiny?

I am a happy artist these days, because soon I will announce a new design team I will be on for an amazing company! Yippee...The credit  is  also due to you my followers, for all your blog love, support and friendship. I'll be telling you sometime next week, so stay tuned.

For Pink Saturday today I made a little shrine that I'd like to call a "Tartlette Shrine" because I made it with a little tart pan. At my weekly summer yardsales adventures I can pick up little things that others cast off and make them into some new treasure.

To make this little treasure, I covered the heart shaped pan with Ranger alcohol ink and then dadded on some acrylic paint , then added a Stickles glitter edge. The rossette that I set inside has cut flowers,a black button with a Happy Artist image from Artchix,some white sequins and more Stickles. The topper is made by layering buttons and sequins and the base is more buttons from my button warehouse. LOL. A ticket painted white and stamped has the sentiment "Who am I to argue with destiny?"

This week, embrace your destiny and see where it just might lead you!
artfully yours, gerri
"Happy artist, who am I to argue with destiny?"

"Happy Details"

31 comments:

  1. Gerri this is so wonderful and such a "pink" creation for Pink Saturday!!! So clever to use the tart container to make the shrine!!! Very inspirational! Hooray for Pink Saturday - LOL I remembered this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing! and congrats on your DT news! that is so exciting!
    have a wonderful Pink Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so you should be a "Happy Artist" ... love the shrine. Love the Pink Colour. You have worked hard and you are living your dream. Congratulations! Can't wait to hear all wonderful details. Excited for you. :o) Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! The shrine is wonderful - I'm sure your new endeavor will be very fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Gerri,and love your pink saturday.
    hugs, amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gerri
    Your star is most certainly shining, as it should with all those companies wanting you on their DT. I cannot wait for you to announce this to us.
    Oh this is pink glorious pink - love it!
    Wishes
    Lynne
    P.S. Artchix should be the people knocking on your door as you create the most amazing creations with their products.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great piece for pink Saturday, love the sentiment and use of buttons too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on making a new DT, Can't wait to hear for whom.!!Your such a tease.
    Awesome shrine!!!!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work, very pretty and unusual! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a real delight! Better than any tart--once eaten, tarts vanish, but your art may be around a long, long while. Very nice, fun and inspired.
    ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Couldn't follow you--the feature won't appear, even after a reload--but would like very much to, so I'm bookmarking this blog until such time as Blogger fixes your Follow area.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your inspirational pink shrine! Congrats on the Design Team news, can't wait to hear more about it! Happy PS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous piece! And congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, what a clever little pink piece. Pre Congrats on your new Design Team, I know you'll shine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How exciting! Can't wait to hear your news, Gerri, and I love the celebratory shrine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is Exciting!!! can't wait to hear your new DT post x Love this little cute shrine- great shape and colours, debi x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great projects and congrats on the DT!
    Nadia Herbst-McConnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the shrine. Can't wait to hear the whole news.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So lovely for Pink Saturday! Congratulations and can't wait for the exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great altered findings!! I have yet to go to a yard sale this year...been too busy. But I just finished Cody's book so maybe there will be one in my near future. =)
    This is a fab piece!.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Think Pink - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute creation! That is a cool idea to use a tart pan. Happy PS.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gerri this is an awesome pink saturday submission! love the use of the tart pan. Can't wait to learnof your DT role. Wherever it is they are going to be incredibly fortunate to have you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great original use of a tart pan !!Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous pink creation, stunning, gorgeous, sassy, clever and very Gerri I LOVE IT !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  26. A wonderful heart, great idea. Love the saying.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this! I have been missing so much!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well done Gerri on your new post and lovely shrine for Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...