Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oh Boy! What A Party!

From my blog post you might think that I am having a roaring good time...the truth is things here are pretty quiet. Except for my 200 + followers, I've just been creating.

I made this card for The Stampsmith Challenge  TSC15 Birthdays, thought I'd try a new color combo for me being Black, Cream and Magenta. I do think it works, do you? I made the three stamped pieces first... Happy Birthday, The Dance Steps-Inkadinkado and the Oh Boy-Inkadinkado, by stamping, coloring and putting them on magenta or black paper. The ladies face-Hero Arts was stamped on an acrylic tile and colored with alcohol ink and for the flesh tone......I used nail polish! I layered all these pieces on vintage music sheets then added black german scrap from Artchix Studio for shine. The finishing touch were  the sparklie black and magenta layered sequins with a black brad center.

Hope you will dance up a storm this week,
sincerely, gerri


"Oh Boy! What a Party!"
"Party details"

18 comments:

  1. This colour combination definitely "works" Gerri - I love it - classy and sassy and love the dance instructions!!! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerri this is beautiful work. It's really invite you to dance. Also your other work marvelous.
    Hugs
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. If things are quiet guess you have to make your own party - and you have! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab vintage music paper love that and the yummy purples hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow hun just love love this,the layout and papers are just brilliant hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second everything which has already been said. You have done it again ... absolutely beautiful and so much FuN! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! This is a wonderful card. I especially like how you incorporated the dance steps. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card, love the dance steps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lov the colors and the music paper.
    hugs, amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Gerri
    Thank You so much for joining us at The Stampsmith Challenge!!
    Those colours work so well and really suit the style of the stamps.
    Off to find a partner to do a little bit of Fox Trotting with LOL.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gerri totally adorable as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so fun!! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card! I've not seen the dance steps used before... fabulous job. And I love the way you kept the fragment straight on the image but offset on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you have been really busy while I have been away with more beautiful creations. Gorgeous colours and love the dance steps and the music makes me want to put on my heels.


    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this card! Color and pp are great, along with the border and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely colors and who would have guessed nail polish for the lady's face?!? like the steps too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How happy and striking!! Great color combo and layout! So much fun! Thank you for joining us for The Stampsmith challenge this week! Best of luck in the draw!
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have so many wonderful ideas! This one is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...