Monday, June 6, 2011

The Perfection of a Peacock's Feather

Just back after a weekend away, so I have alot of catching up to do with all my blogger friends, but first I wanted to share a quick little card. You might know that I love birds and especially the image of feathers. I think the feathers on a peacock are magnificent; their form, their shimmer and their rich color are truly amazing. With that thought in mind, I made this card using the peacock stamp 3853U  for my 100 Proof Press Design team project.

After stamping the peacock and cutting it out, I colored it with colored pencils and markers, then added tiny rhinestones. This sparkly piece was then added to a  piece of peacock themed patterned card stock. The royal blue german scrap, a fuchsia with gold trimmed ribbon were layered underneath. I added the definition "perfection" that was colored with pencils and  glued on tiny rhinestones.

Hope you see some something that is "perfection" this week.
take care, gerri
"Peacock perfection"

"perfect details"

12 comments:

  1. I have to take my hat off to you on this one, simply for the design. Working with such a small stamp, making it the 'centre of attention' would have been a challenge (at least to me!). You did an incredible job. The colours are perfect. Nice to have you back. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow - this is an amazing piece Gerri - my goodness it's beautiful and the colours are so rich just like peacock feathers - fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great ornate piece, beautiful. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great desin and colours! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great piece Gerri,lov it!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gerri
    You captured all the colours of a peacock.
    Wonderful card.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Gerri! All of my favorite regal colors too! The blue lace is to die for and the peacock feather dp is awesome! Great piece right down to the jeweled peacock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great piece Gerri, great use of the stamp. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! I always manage to say that when I am looking at your blog.. This is absolutely amazing. Such rich colors I love it!!!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's really perfect, just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and so intricate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...