Sunday, February 12, 2012

If he soars on his own wings

Living here in the low country has really given me the opportunity to enjoy nature especially  all the variety of birds. My husband and I try to go on an organized walk with a naturalist every several weeks. The snowy egrets, kingfishers and my favorite the great blue heron are just a few we see here every day. This was the inspiration of today's collage. Don't know what kind of birds these chartreuse birds are today though? LOL. There's a weekly challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show for  "Torn Edges, Distress Ink, Button and Wings", so I think this fits the bill. Over at Artchix Studio on face book they are having a "Birds, eggs, nests, chartreuse" challenge too.

The staring point actually for today was the little green chartreuse eggs from Artchix studio free collage sheet from there I was able to find bird stamps, the cute bird couple and a tiny nest image. These were all layered on torn music paper with lime tulle and finally a distressed kissed edge on a marblized back. A stamped bird cage on a transparency and the sentiment "No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings." came next. Some tiny buttons, gold Stickles accents and copper german scrap from Artchix studio add the highlights. My favorite part is the nest made from handmade paper torn scraps, shiny german scrap and metallic thread.

Hope you will soar on your wings this week.
Oh, if any one wants to play with my stash, I still have several packs left, just read yeaterdays post.
take care, gerri

"No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings."




16 comments:

  1. You take some gorgeous ephemera and put them together so beautifully. This is fabulous gerri.
    Happy Sunday.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love birdwatching too and I walk on a nature trail every day whenever it isn't raining

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Gerri! Love how you've layered all these pieces together and the bits of sparkle & shine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Gerri, I love your collage of images and those birds are simply stunning and combine beautifully with your other images. Must be lovely experiencing such wonders in nature every day. Thanks so much for joining in The Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful, spring like piece.
    Simply love this and thanks for your always lovely comments.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this beautiful piece, I love all pieces which show birds and nature. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous ... what a wonderful combination of elements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow this is just brilliant Hun,the most wonderful elements,work so well love it hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous layers, colours and composition - loving all your details and the birds are wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show!
    Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The birdie couple are positively charming but it is the whole of your collage that captures the imagination.
    Gerri, I added in my comment of yesterday that I would like to come play :)
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful creation with great elements.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just look at all that layering. I love it!! You do that so well...

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such an incredible piece, Gerri! I can't stop looking at it. xodonna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great composition Gerri! I love how you layered in the eggs all on 1 sheet, so artsy! The birds are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning, I love those layers and elements, they all look so perfect together. Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo this is lovely! My oh my you've been busy! I've been out of town so much and this is my last weekend out for a long while I hope. we're taking Cody to visit a college in KY. Looking forward to it, but I've been SO sick since last weekend I'm just downing the vitamin C. lol. I'll be trying to email you my finished project sometime today though. SO much fun! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...