Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Garden Carried In Your Pocket

Its February already, where does the time go? This month at Gingersnap Creations it's "Tell it like it is" with a focus on faux techniques. This week's challenge is GC137: Words of Wisdom. The month is being sponored by Rouge Redhaed Designs. They have such pretty stamps. Check them out. Well my words of wisdom are about reading and gardening. I have always had a book in my hand and love gardening. They are my favorite things to do, so when I saw this quote. I knew I had to use it!

So this card is a my take on a faux watercolor technique. I used Photoshop on some rose  photos I took. awhile ago. I fussy cut  a big rose out and layered it with tulle netting  and green braid trim. The stamped  came next "A book is like a garden carried in your pocket." The little reading girl is stamped watercolored and fussy cut too. Both stamps are from the Relish Reading RougeRedhead Designs RRD001 sheet. Some rhinestones  in each corner and  a touches of Stickles add the glitter bits.

I am also entering this for a new challenge for me the PanPastel#3 Glitter and Glitz.

Hope you will get to read a new book this week.
artfully yours, gerri
"A book is like a garden carried in your pocket."

"Watercolored details"

18 comments:

  1. Gerri this is really beautiful - I love the netting background and the braid! Gorgeous image and I love that proverb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and beautiful sentiment. Love it all Gerri.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is superb gerri, just love what you have done with the roses and the sentiment is one I will copy to remember. I am glad you came and joined us at PanPastels this week.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! I just love this. I can't believe this is from a photo. That is so cool.. It looks amazing with that netting.. So creative my friend..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card, I love the way that you have used the netting on the background. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicate and very beautiful and brings to mind the style of an illustration of a children's book.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicate & beautiful design to this card Gerri, thanks for sharing your artwork at PanPastel UK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gerri, gorgeous artwork. I love the colours and the trellis effect. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel Uk and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card came out beautifully! The faux watercoloring gives it such a nice soft look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic techniques and beautiful cutting. Great work in photoshop.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your vibrant colors and the wonderful quote, as well as the textures you've created here. It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, bright and stunning Gerri! Love your background and all the techniques!

    Debbie
    ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this! The sentiment is fabulous and the big blooms with the texture over it and the little girl with the book are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...