Sunday, February 5, 2012

Always Remember Time

OK, enough of pink! LOL. Only kidding, if you follow my posts you know I adore working with pink, glitter and lacey things. But today I thought I'd go in a new direction with a patina green and aged brown creation for Studio L3 where the lovely Linda has a Grungy Monday 34 We're cracking up over here challenge. This is based on the amazing technique of  the Crackle Resist technique of Tim Holtz. This was a two week challenge since every one seems to be at CHA, the Craft and Hobby trade show, and yes it is on my bucket list to go there! Maybe some day.....

Well, back to reality with this tag where I sprayed, inked used Distress crackle paints and inks to give a aged background to this tag. I added so many layers I don't even remember all I did! The Art Nouveau paper winged warrior from Graphic45 was fussy cut out next and detailed with copper Liquid Pearls and green Stickles from Ranger. Three little dictionary pieces saying Always, Remember, Time on vellum came next. A beautiful aged cabinet knob and some copper  lace were the final finishing touches.

Hope you will always remember to cherish your time in all you do.
take care, gerri

"Always Enjoy Time"

"Paint Details"

"Winged Details"



13 comments:

  1. Outstanding Gerri,love the colors and detail.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOoo, I am lovin' this one Gerri. I adore the 'rusty old stuff' distressed look. You have used such great colours and images. xodonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beutiful tag Gerri! I love how you added the cabinet knob!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Gerri love the depth of colour and the stunning detail on the wings , a magnificent work of art.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag Gerri, I adore the Graphic45 image and the richness and depth of your colour scheme is an absolute feast for the eyes. I love the detail on the wings - really gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag- I love Pink too- and your color vacation turned out wonderful! I love all of the special effects for depth you used- love the look of the liquid pearls and stickles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome X 3 Gerri. I need to go check out Linda's challenge!!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like you had great inky fun and wow what a gorgeous tag - love the door knob - perfect.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful tag..love these colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great Gerri - love that old patina look!! Perfect image for this tag as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...