Saturday, February 11, 2012

Do you want to play with me?

It's Pink Saturday  at Beverly's and today I'm showing another Valentines Day card. All my Valentines Day cards are in the mail, 25 of them and I will probably be showing them to you over the next few weeks. I'm even entering  this one at Inspiration Emporium where the monthly challenge is "put on heart on it". Now that's easy for me, since I'll put a heart on anything. LOL.

This sweet card reminded my husband of little children and yes, it is all soft pinks, white, yellow and a touch of baby blue. In his honor I would like to ask you like we did as children.... "Do you want to play with me?".

 If you do, please email me, my email is in the right column.  I will send you a packet of my play things for you to create. All you need to do is to email  a photo of the finished piece back to me and I will put every bodies in one post with  your blog links. I cant wait to see what everyone comes up with. I have about 10 packs of basically the same things, to include German scrap, vintage music paper, shiny paper, buttons, ribbons, appliques, sequins and other goodies, as seen below. I am shamelessly borrowing this idea from Trisha Too at easily amused hard to offend,  who did "what would you make with my stuff" Thank you Trisha. 

To make today's card, I built up the blue tickets with paint, stamps, silver Stickles, a punched music paper heart, paper flowers and heart buttons. This was layered on pink and silver lace. The lace was over a striped card with a watercolored center. To finish it off, everything was edged with a big fat silver pen.

Hope you will have fun this week and play!
take care, gerri




"Cherish Love"

"Pretty Baby Details"




                
                         "Do you want to play?"


21 comments:

  1. Love this piece Gerri, gorgeous colours! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. soft and vibrant at the same time. Thanks for the visit Gerri. Take care. xodonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully feminine Gerri, just gorgeous and thanks for visiting me and leaving kind words.
    Have a good day and enjoy the weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always liked pinks and blues together. I like how you incorporated the tickets. Fun! Take care that your gaters don't get too chummy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gerri, I just love the way you altered the group of tickets - the glitter and text just transform them into something wonderful! The card is lovely. Happy Valentines Day and Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Pink Saturday Gerri
    Your creation reminds me of sweets (do you say candy?) with the pretty pastel colours.
    I am using Google Chrome so unable to access my AOL e-mail at present. I would love to come play but imagine you will already have 10 names. Certainly would be such fun.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gerri
    Well you know I'm a fan of your work. The tag is lovely, and I never would have thought to use the tickets as a background! Thanks for sharing. Happy Valentine Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh gosh Hun this really is one,gorgeous tag really is so beautiful,just love this too bits,hugs Cherylxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So soft and pretty my friend. I just love the Tag in the background..

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've created a wonderful Valentine's piece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Gerri! Happy Pink Saturday! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful piece. I would love to play along but I live in the UK. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a sweet creation, love it! And I would love to play along but I live in the UK .....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely creation Gerri. Great selection to play with but I'm another UK blogger .....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just darling Gerri, Its so soft and delicate. Love the touch of lace.
    Have a wonderful Valentines day.
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful Gerri & I would love to "play" with you but as you know i'm far away in the Land Down Under!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love these baby pinks! gorgeous cards. i sent you an email so if i'm not too late i do indeed wish to play! xo from michele

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea! I did it with trisha too and it was SO fun. Sending you an email...

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a beautiful creation and would love to play, but think I may be too late now. Maria x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...