Saturday, December 31, 2011

Present for a Dear friend

Today I am posting some pictures that were for a Christmas gift for a dear friend. All the members of the Creative team of Flying Unicorn were asked to create a 6" X 6" ....2 sided layout to thank Alda, the founder of the Flying Unicorn. These pages were then all assembled and given to Alda as a mini album. It was a wonderful way to say "thank you" and also for her to have a creative memory of all her designers. That being said, today is my last day on the Flying Unicorn Creative team. It has been an honor and a pleasure to create along with this talented group. I will certainly be checking in on the Flying Unicorn social group, but now as a friend and general member.

To make this piece I started with layering Pion paper that I found at the Flying Unicorn store, of course. After fussy cutting the butterflies, I watercolored them in pastel colors and added matching Stickles. Some flowers, clear clock faces, rhinestones, stamped sentiment and a pretty female image completed this side.

For the back it was the same layered Pion paper but also an ATC frame insert painted with crackle paint. I added a few cut out words that had meaning to me. On this I added the same details that I used on the front but there is also a pocket with a special message to Alda too.

Hope you have someone to be thankful for,
artfully yours, gerri


"Front"
"You are a dear."

"Back"

"For the song,the act, the dance was in itself a work of art."

8 comments:

  1. Gerry beautiful present for your friend. Such a nice details.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will adore it. Beautiful as usual, Gerri. Happy New Year's Eve my dear. Enjoy, whatever you are doing. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will miss you on FU, but will keep following your amazing work on your blog...have a wonderful, happy and healthy 2012 !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work! Happy New Year! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful project Gerri and so pretty. Wishing you and your family a Happy 2012. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely stunning! what a fabulous gift. stopped by to wish you the happiest of new years! may it be full of (he)art and joy! xo from michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gerri this is beautiful - I bet your friend will love and treasure this creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang you made me tear up again! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...