Monday, December 5, 2011

Celebrate the Happy Voyage

Here's a card for today's post. I think it's kinda manly, so I will be giving  it to my dear husband on his birthday. He doesn't read my posts, so he won't see it till he opens it. LOL. I used the old compass rose stamp from 100 Proof Press. I have lots of ideas for this stamp and you'll see it in future 100 Proof Press design posts.

To make this card I layered patterned papers including dots and a map, then came all the stickers like the word  "voyage" and "celebrate the past". The stamping came next of the compass rose, its not perfect but it adds to the vintage feel. A layer of postage stamps, a happy ticket and gold foil travel images are the next step. A touch of gold Stickles and edging ink and this little card was all set to sail away to my husband's birthday.

Hope you will start a happy voyage this week.
take care, gerri
"Happy Voyage"

"Happy Details"

10 comments:

  1. Love all the layers and the overlaps etc. Makes for interesting texture. I like it very much, Gerri. Thanks for dropping by my blog! I know how busy you are just now. take care. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow hun this is just brilliant just love everything about this,always love your work,hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing collection of elements and layered up beautifully - a fabulous style gerri.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful collection Gerri. Love all the details and naturally your art work.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one makes me want to take a trip,lovely Gerri.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, enjoy the celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gerri,
    This is gorgeous--Your work is always so rich with techniques and layers--WOW!

    Also, I am wish you a happy voyage (move) and hope it all goes wonderfully!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks fab!!!! I just love it!!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this such great texture and love the collage effect, but what no bling ! Never mind I love it anyway.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...