Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Waitin' there for me

"I'm glad I found you waiting there for me.", that's how I feel when I read all your wonderful comments on my blog and I just had to tell you! This saying was the spark for this week's piece for Gingersnap Creations random challenge called Fans. (GC99). Come visit this group, there's so much to see, do and learn.
The pretty Asian transparency  is the base of my creation and is from Artchix Studio. I layered it over patterned paper and just love how it adds additional layers and depth. I stamped the fans from Inkadinkado on the patterned paper and added some shiny folded paper behind them. Some brown german scrap edged with blue frame the piece. The glittery medallions topped with reproduction Asian coins are actually blue snow flakes, but you can't tell!  Oh, and don't forget the tiny rhinestone earring and she was complete.
And dear friends....I'm glad I found you.
Till next time, gerri
"I'm glad I found you waiting there for me."

"Fan detail"

13 comments:

  1. Oh such a very feminine piece. Your technique for creating the fans worked magic. They look so real. Thanks for dropping by my blog so often, Gerri. Wish you could come in for coffee. :o) hugs from Mexico, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made the fans and your clever use of snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful piece. Love the way you created the fans too !
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful creation, great job Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an enchanting piece love the use of acetate over the paper but for me that little earing is the icing on the cake so simple but also magic.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    I totally agree with the previous comment that this is "enchanting".
    A beautiful piece of art.
    Wishes
    Lynne M

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely gorgeous piece. Stunning. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, Stunning! I love all the wonderful details you have, the coins in the corners, the gorgeous trim and those fans, layered like that are truly nothing short of stunning! PS, I am glad I found your blog, not only because your art is inspiring, but because you are such a sweet person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful DT piece Gerri, you certainly rocked the challenge. Happy Easter, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a richly textured and detailed piece. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning! I always love your work at gingersnap, but don't come and visit often enough. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...