Monday, April 18, 2011

A Treasure Box of Happy

Today I am happy and pleased to be one of the Special Guest Designers for the Grungy Monday challenge over at lovely Linda's StudioL3. You can find out all the details of how you can enter this challenge at her site. In the past, she has been so gracious to offer the weekly Compendium of Curiosity challenges  and now she is coordinating the wonderful Grungy Monday challenges. Both these challenges are based on the products, techniques and the incredible creations of  Tim Holtz,  my all time paper artist idol. My fellow guest designer joining me this week will be the talented Clare. Please check out Linda's, Tim's and Clare's sites for their fabulous inspiring art. And if you want more Tim, (and who doesn't) you can also join the All Things Tim  discussion group at Yahoo. Gloria, the list mom  has a folder where you can add photos of your Grungy Monday pieces and have fun discussing and reviewing them with other Tim lovers!  This week the challenge is all about "Texture Fades and Distress". Oh, if you do not have something specifically used in the video,  use your creativity and substitute something delightful  from your stash instead. 
So, after watching the video I got out my only two texture fades..... Bingo and Patchwork. I said "Bingo" when I spied a little woobly wooden box that I had been saving for a future altered project. Using Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, I followed Tims instuctions. Fate was with me when the side of the box fit 3 rows of the Bingo card exactly. I brushed them with some gold acrylic paint and glued them to the box. My style is "pretty" grunge, so I added some blue german scrap for sparkle. Then using german scrap ovals, glued in Graphics Fairy ballerina images attaching them to pink velvet ribbon. It was then time to start the pretty feet and topper. I have boxes of buttons and found translucent yellow, pink and clear. I used blue Alcohol ink to color some of the tiny clear ones. Some gold jewelry findings and a shiny paper fan were used to stack them all up. I assembled the feet and topper and my precious treasure box was complete.
Hope your treasure box this week will be filled with lots of "happy".
Take care and please do come again, gerri

"Treasure Box of Happy"


                                                     

                               

29 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful Gerri,a real treasure.
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have gone and done it again, Gerri. Made something beautiful! Love the feed and the topper. hugs from Mexico, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Gerri, this is gorgeous! Who would have thought to use buttons for feet! And I love the frames and the bits of gold on the buttons (is that cut from a gold doily?) I can't wait to make something for this challenge! So glad to see you you were chosen at Grungy Monday too, congratulations. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is amazing!!! Absolutely stunning! I absolutely LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, Gerri! Love your altered box. So much interest and detail! Love those feet! Congrats on being our inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Ger, you just do amazing "girlie" grunge, beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous altered art Gerri! Love the top and all the details thanks for the GD inspiration on GM#4.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, Gerri--this is GORGEOUS!!!

    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This treasure box is a treasure in itself! Love the button feet idea and love those gorgeous pastel colors !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Gerri, on being Studio L3 guest designer! What a beautiful treasure box you created. Looks like something Royalty would own!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gerri Congratulations on your GD spot.
    This is stunning. Absolutely love everything about this.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Gerri! This box is absolutely GORGEOUS!.... Congratulations for your Guest Designet position!

    Greetings from Spain

    Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a real little treasure Gerri, love the way you have altered it, the buttons are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gerri, it's absolutley beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty and very unusual. I love the colours and the layered feet and topper.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My jaw dropped open when I saw this its so grungy and pretty I think you have coined a new style pretty grunge .Very clever feet and top too.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is just stunning - what an amazing box!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous project Gerri, it was great to be designing beside you this week!

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful project Gerri, especially love the buttoned feet, awesome. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply lovely! Congrats on being a guest designer!
    Lisa S. (ATT)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another winner Gerri! The buttons are really great and are the perfect detail.
    You asked about SVGs (Scalable Vector Graphics). It's a type of file that you use with a program that allows you to cut images (out of paper, vinyl, grungepaper, acetate,etc) with your electronic cutter (like a Cricut). I've created many SVG files that I've used in creating art. It's great for masks and I cut all my tags with it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just stunning. Love those little feet. xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is lush! I love it!
    Thanks for your kind comments on my typewriter piece.
    nickipeex

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is amazing.
    Love all the elements you have combined in this piece. Truly inspiring to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Your treasure box is gorgeous. Thanks to both of you for this weeks challenge. What I love most about the weekly challenge is using techniques we learned, tucked away, and forgot about. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, such a fabulous box. Love the design. Hope, that I'll find time to take part, too....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...