Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Smiling with the beautiful Geisha

Today's creation is my first as a Design Team member for the wonderful Gingersnap Creations group. You've heard it before, but I have to say it again...I am so over the moon to have been accepted and achieve this personal goal. The month of April at Gingersnap Creation will be inspired by the Far East. The challenge theme this week is Geishas. (GC97). Come visit this group to join the fun or to look at inspiring art creations by the other amazing Design Team members.

My project started with pale blue patterned paper that I painted with watercolors and created a tree. I added pink paper flowers to resemble cherry blossoms. Next I stamped the Inkadinkado lanterns and added the lovely geisha image and word transparency from Artchix Studio. I also dabbed some watercolor and liquid pearl accents on the flowers and butterflies for dimension and details. Sprinkled some tiny rhinestones and pretty pink german scrap as a border and the little geisha was smiling.
Remember to smile this beautiful today.
Always, gerri
"Geisha with the Beautiful Smile"

"Cherry Blossom, Butterfly, Geisha detail"

17 comments:

  1. Hi Gerrri this is gorgeous . Love your geisha and your cherry blossom tree is amazing, beautiful texture and the pagodas area lovely touch. You are right to be excited about your new DT post but it's thoroughly deserved.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful ... all those blossoms and a beautiful little Geisha. PERFECT for spring. Celebrate your experience on the design team ... I know you are! Enjoy every moment ... I am over the moon for you as well! Take care and thanks for sharing all your beautiful work. hugs from Mexico, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gerri,
    your art work is a beautiful spring feeling in Asia style, really impressive.
    Thanks for commenting again:-)
    Have a nice day,
    hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely piece - love the little Geisha Girl and the big butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 1st piece is out of this world...perfect for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Gerri, this piece is so beautiful! And I am so happy about your new venture! It will be so fun and you'll really enjoy it!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Gerri! Love all those blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! I love, love, love the cherry blossoms and tree, this is utterly creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty creation. I love those blossoms. They were perfect here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A most stunning first project for your new design team--so happy to be with you at Gingersnap Creations! This piece has so many wonderful details! And of course I love the German scrap! Helene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gerri,
    Thanks so much for coming to visit! I hope you're having a nice evening.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Geisha creation. I love all the colors and the details. The butterflies add a beautiful touch, and your Geisha is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning Gerri , I love cherry trees and your butterflys really set it off perfectly, Congrats on being A Gingersnap designer!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for this wonderful inspiration, love all the blossoms on the tree.
    Hope to create my Geisha entry within the next days.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fabulous piece, the cherry blossoms are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a pretty collage, all the elements work beautifully together. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Love those flowering trees!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...