Sunday, April 10, 2011

Floating on Air

Vintage hot air balloons are oh la la trendy. I have always been a lover of them.  I even live in an area that is known for them.  There is a big local balloon event  held near us each summer. You can even have one land next to your house....  it happened to us awhile back. LOL.
This week, I did something different and made little balloon notecards for a friend. They are tres simple with a French toille background paper and balloon images, which I already had in my stash. Each one was stamped  with a different sentiment.  I added some Tim Holtz tissue tape, ombre ribbon , netting (of course like on the balloon) and a bit of bling.  I also made a matching gift box that says "Thinking of you", and I was "C'est fini". Over at Moxie fab world  there is a  "Card sets challenge" for note cards, so this is my entry.

Another reason to be floating on air is that dear Cindy at Whimsical  Musings Magazine did a feature on my work for her excursion into the beautiful week. Its a wonderful weekly online magazine for those who enjoy art, repurposing, and decorating. Drop by and take a look.
Till next time.
Take care, gerri


"All the details"

9 comments:

  1. These are stunning Gerri, love those stamps and the fab paper, i envy the lucky friend who will receive these.Congrats on being featured in Cindys magazine will pop over now and take a peep.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pieces each and every one. Another huge CONGRATULATIONS on being featured. I'm sending big hugs from Mexico! You go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gerri,
    WOW, I love this post!!! And I just completed a custom piece for a wedding using balloons..I love them too...

    We must think alike because I just asked my husband to pick up one of those suitcases for me while he's out of town so I could have one for photos....

    This is such a spectacular post, Gerri!!! And I'm so happy you are featured--you are SO talented!
    Xo
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Gerrie, these truly are all treasure, love the netting! Double congrats to you, you certainly deserve the recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Gerri! Thanks for linking these up to the Card Set Challenge in the Moxie Fab World in celebration of 350 Cards & Gifts Week! Good luck in the random drawing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific set of note cards Gerrie, loving the balloon images. Have a great week, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vintage balloons! FUN FUN FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the sentiments nestled into the balloons :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...