Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Vintage Witches United

For today's Retro Cafe Art Design Team piece, I decided to make a tiny banner of removable ATCs. I love decorating for Halloween and a banner is always a great thing to hang across the corner of a mirror. I promise I will share some decorating photos later next month, you will just have to wait! LOL.

I found this absolutely wonder black patterned pack of playing cards and knew they would make great ATC's bases. This one dollar pack gives me 52 different ATCs bases!The images are from the Retro Cafe Art Vintage Halloweensheet. This sheet has lots of pretty witches and such, perfect for small projects. I added tiny black Coffee Break Designs Halloween cut outs. Can you find the spiderweb, spider, owl, cat, bats and little hat? The little cards were strung on a ribbon with circle paper clips that I used a Sharpie to color orange. The trick or treat was a glitter sign I already had. I can't wait for Halloween to hang my little banner.

Hope you will find a trick or maybe a treat this week.
sincerely, gerri
"Trick or Treat"

"Witchie details"

20 comments:

  1. Spectacular, Gerri! And all because of the card pack you found. WOW. Just amazing. Can't wait to see your house decorated for the festivities. :o) You do inspire me, Gerri! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great "witchie" ATC's - I love the background you have used Gerri! Such cute images too! We really don't celebrate Halloween here so I don't make Halloween things as a rule but I love looking at what everyone is making and I'm getting inspired to do some just because!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is genial Gerri. What a beautiful banner. lovely all your details and colours. Beautiful.
    Lovely great
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow hun this is one,brilliant banner just love this to bits,hun you are such an inspiration hugs cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, love them all. Love the Retro Cafe products. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who knew Hallowe'en could be this adorable.
    The joy you bring with your posts is the reason your visitors return time and time again.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is charming Gerri.
    Thanks for your kind words,I'm coping. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work, and good idea with the cards, they are just right! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so boo-tiful!! Such a cool, creative idea! Those playing cards were the perfect background - you're so smart!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun, Gerri! I love that you can remove them. You sure did stretch your dollar mightily!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous pieces Gerri. Can't wait to see your decorating photos.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a clever idea Gerri and these are stunning - Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are lovely! Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so amazing.. I just love these..

    ReplyDelete
  15. So this is what you're up to where you are, back in "the wilds of New Jersey"! I LOVE this banner--and had already been thinking along the same lines, but with a different materials list. of course.
    Your fetching design is just what I needed to get in the mood. Now I really will have to get on it and try something a bit different for this year's decor!
    Just one thing--wherever were you able to pick up that pretty pack of cards? I'd give $5 for a pack like that, and you've only paid $1! Wish we could "cut a deal" so to speak. ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do adore banners and LOVE Halloween projects! Oh I am so inspired by this one...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...