Thursday, September 1, 2011

Farewell Summer Love

Well, it's farewell to Hurricane Irene and at least here at home, we're sorta much back to normal. I do promise to catch up with everyone, I know I've missed some of your fabulous creations. I want to thank you so much for your all kind words of concern.

For today's piece, I have a card that is for my first challenge that I am hosting as a Creative Team member of Flying Unicorn. Do stop by to play, to find friendship or see some wonderful inspiration. The challenge is called "Farewell Summer Love" and you are to use any kind of heart and sea shell in your creation. You know those are two of my favorite things! It can be a card, layout, collage or altered piece. There even is a fabulous prize from the Flying Unicorn store to be won!

All the paper I used was from the The Magic of Oz Collection carried at the store of Flying Unicorn. Who would of thought that the land of Oz could be so romantic. LOL. I created a rosette by cutting a heart shape, adding a glittered shell, some netting and a tiny sparkly heart. Some rhinestones, a vintage image, rub ons and some ink kissed edged  and it was adieu to my "Wicked Heart" of summer.

Hope your wicked heart won't get you into trouble this week.
take care, gerri

"Wicked Heart"

"Summer Details"

16 comments:

  1. This is also so beautiful gerru. Splendid scene and layout. Love the black and red colours.
    Lovely greet Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. The passion that oozes from this piece of art is spectacular. It captures that wonderful innocent but also passionate time of love in the summer.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, glad you stayed safe and that everything is back to normal! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!
    Happy to know things are a bit more normal.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear things are getting back to normal for you am so pleased you are ok. Despite the hurricane your work is as usual superb what a trooper you are. This is stunning just love black and red so sexy and what you did with the shell is amazing.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this one Gerrie! The heart shell heart look fabulous. Love the dp and the image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh of relief that all is returning to normal for you and your family. Now you are back at it! Using RED! Be still my beating heart. I am naturally in LOVE. What else can one do with such a beautiful piece as this. :o) hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear everything is getting back to normal. That is some scary stuff.. Your creation here is amazing as usual.. I am just loving it..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful creation Gerri - great patterned paper and love the image!! Looks effective in balck & red! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous piece Gerri.
    Have a good weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you did with this paper Gerri..took it to a whole new level..just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Stunning Gerri! Love it. That shell detail is fabulous! Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow hun this is simply stunning that heart is just amazing,the shell idea is brilliant bless you for your kind words on my blog hun meant a lot love hugs cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful! Love the sentiment! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the heart shaped rosette--I'm gonna have to remember that--Fabulous. I also like how you created the extra framing for the picture.
    Glad to hear you are getting back to some normalcy after Irene. Take Care sweet friend.

    Lisa S.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that's a brilliant piece, love the colors and the shell is a great eye catcher.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...