Friday, September 23, 2011

Glittery Wings Fluttering by

My mom always said that the presentation of a gift  was as important as the gift it's self. I  still follow this message, whether I am wrapping gifts or entertaining. I spend extra time designing the look and feel of my wrappings and special meals. I think a great presentation is like giving an extra little gift.

So for todays post, it's all about my gift tag of a family of butterflies. I used Tim Holtz Craft Resist Paper Stash paper as my starting point. After fussy cutting out all the butterflies, I added rhinestone bling flourishes, and lots of Stickles. All of these products can be found at the amazing Flying Unicorn Store. I then used an old broken pearl necklace between this family of butterflies to connect them. A sheer black ribbon ties it on to a gift box.

Hope some one will present you with a pretty present this week.
yours truly, gerri



17 comments:

  1. Geeri I am very pleased what is this gorgeous. Love these butterflies so much and such beautiful colours, rhinestones and pearls. It's breathtaking sure!!!
    Lovely gfreet Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Butterfies,love all the glitter !
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love butterflies and these are absolutely gorgeous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow Gerri, this has to be my most favourite piece of yours its totally gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Your butterflies are gorgeous. You have out done yourself here.. Love all the sparkly rhinestones.. Hope you are having a happy day my friend..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet gesture! And I cannot imagine anyone wanting to throw out your tag--it's far too precious, unique and pretty for trash!
    Beautiful work!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, how gorgeous! and I agree with your mom about presentation...it's so true!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so beautiful Gerri - really worth the time and effort.
    Have a fabulous weekend.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Kraft resist paper is perfect for the butterfly designs. I like how you embellished them as well. I totally agree with a nicely wrapped gift. When I married my hubby he told me I was the first one he bought a gift bag for. All his other gifts were always given in a brown grocery sack! No joke. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Gerri- and so patient you are cutting out all those butterflies :-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been in love with a lot of your pieces lately Dear Gerri! This one is no exception. I also believe, life is in the detail ... makes all the difference. I may not always have the inclenation to do it these days, but I agree with you in every way. Absolutely gorgeous .. very special indeed. xxDonna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My! And this would be present enough!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous, these butterflies are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Gerri
    I can just imagine them fluttering as they are attached to a gift.
    A very beautiful idea.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...