Tuesday, September 13, 2011

And few could know her

For my Retro Cafe Art Design team piece today, I was inspired by this pretty china doll torso from the Hello Dollie 2 Collage sheet .  Come on over to RCA where they are having a wonderful Halloween contest. You can submit any type of Halloween art! It doesn't even have to have Retro Cafe Art Gallery products in it so everyone can play!
Here's The Rules:
1. Create up to 3 pieces of Halloween Art! You can have 1, 2 or 3 entries. The art can be whatever you wish. Your art does not have to include Retro Cafe Art Gallery products this time around.
2. Email your photos to retrocafeart@gmail.com subject: Halloween Contest or post them to our Facebook Wall and we will move them to the Halloween album. Please do a separate photo for each entry (and just 1 photo per entry). Files between 200 -300 KB preferred. I will post these photos on our Facebook page in this Halloween album as they are received. Please include your full name in your email. We only need photos, not the actual art!
3. Deadline is October 14th.
4. We love our International customers and you are welcome to play!
 
So back to todays collage, I decided to wrinkle  up  the Sweet Dollie and give her a watercolor wash and I have no idea why I did that. LOL. She is layered on a Dauguerreotypes 1  transparency from RCA. Two different green papers are used as her base. The wings and pretty black button that I brushed with copper came next. Two antique skeleton keys cutouts from Retro Cafe Art  are painted copper with ink kissed edges. A sprinkle of rhinestones and the sentiment... "and few could know her" were all I needed to complete this collage.

Hope this week you'll find someone who really knows you.
artfully yours ,gerri
"and few could know her"

17 comments:

  1. Fun piece, Gerri. I love the German doll head, works so well. I think I have a collage page with those on them ... must dig them out. You have inspired me. Hope you have a fun filled, creative day. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image Gerri!!! Just wonderful and the keys are great - you would "know" her if you could unlock her heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful image, the keys are wonderful eye catchers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is brilliant love love the head of that german doll,and the addition of the keys,makes is really super hugs cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely piece Gerri. Thank you for always taking time to stop by and leave me sweet comments on my blog, I really do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous, dear Gerri! Love all the details, you do amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful image gerri. And the keys are great. It's really gorgeous.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gerri
    I particularly love your colour choice and the addition of the keys.
    Quite beautiful.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the ATC you made for Trisha's challenge! Using the lace for the basket was brilliant and using the shiny stuff in the background was too. So much fun to see what we all made!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gerri
    I hope you are well. My new work is taking up all of my time at the moment and I love it, but I am missing my crafting and blogging buddies.
    I love this piece with the crumpling and watercolour wash.
    Thanks for staying in touch and take care.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely piece Gerri! As always! Your style is absolutely charming:)
    I've posted your blog on my Facebook Page to spread the word:)
    Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is pretty awesome.. You always have such wonderful pieces when I pop in here. So inspiring..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one turned out great. I like the small details such as the earrings and necklace too. Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is cute Gerri- love the wings x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, Gerri, I LOVE this!!! It is truly gorgeous!!! WOW!

    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just gorgeous, Gerri! Love the cracked picture!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...