Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The little beauty

It's a month dedicated to the Joys of Childhood at Gingersnap creations. This week it's a supply challenge  and we are to use "baby wipes" GC114. Come on over and play with us, we promise not to get too messy. LOL.  Now, I don't have any babies in the house, though my daughter will always be my "baby", but I do use the wipes in my studio to clean my hands or wipe down my deskso it was easy to get my hands on this supply.

The little beauty (little girl) image is from Dezinaworld   and I placed her within the ATC heart frame. I painted the frame and added a pretty collage ATC background  from Retro Cafe Art. The mini paper flower- pink roses and shiny pink German Dresden Foil scrap are also from RCA. I painted my baby wipe pink and used it as a ruffled edge for the frame. All this was layered on a scan of some multi plaid fabric and some pink glitter paper. Teenie sheer fabric rosettes, pink Stickles and the sentiment "The little" beauty were all I needed to complete this card.

Hope you will see a "little beauty" this week.
yours truly, gerri
"The little beauty"

16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Gerri - love how you have used the baby wipe to make a ruffled edge! Great plaid background too very celever!! Love the "pink" tonings of the whole creation - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very original Gerri. Hope you're having a great holiday. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hun this is brilliant just love your work love how you have used the baby wipe,brilliant hugs cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those baby wipe ruffles ... how clever ... adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooooooo sweet, just like you !
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gerri, such a lovely card, wonderful background and such a little sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Gerrie! Love the scan of cloth, and the way it looks like she is holding the roses. Fab idea for the baby wipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how sweet! I couldn't tell which embellishment was made of baby wipe til i read your post! Luvly pink, and the focul point is vry pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so sweet.. Your background is equally awesome.. And very clever the way you used those baby wipes..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet! Love how you framed the little cutie, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool idea to use the baby wipe as a dyed ruffled! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. just beautifully precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea - I hadn't thought of using the baby wipe as a ruffle. Your card is great!

    Btw, in case you were wondering - I'm using a different/older profile. For some reason it won't let me use my current one??

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet, Gerri! And how appropriate to your this darling little one as your image for the baby wipe creation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...