Tuesday, May 15, 2012

She who plants a garden

Hoping you had a pleasant Mothers Day weekend.We  went out for a drive to a pretty spot on the river. I spent the day catching up on some movies and tv shows while cleaning my craft studio.  It really needed it. I watched the Sherlock Holmes season 2 on PBS...totally amazing. I do recommend it.  I was also able to make a few things, but mostly I cleaned! LOL.

Today's creation for Retro Cafe Art is a Shelf Shrine with scallops. I painted it a rich purple and added a paper backgrounds I created with stamping, luminous paints and acrylic paints. It is trimmed with shiny pink German Dresden Foil papers, pretty pink and purple pearls, painted paper flowers and green velvet leaves. The lovely lady is from the RCA Vintage Belle  collage sheet.The sentiment says "She who plants a garden plants happiness"...an old Chinese saying.

Hope you will plant some happiness this week.
take care, gerri
"She who plants a garden plants happiness"

             

10 comments:

  1. Lovely piece, great colours! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Gerri what beautiful piece of work,beautiful lady,and the colours and detail is just first class so elegant,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Gerri, love the pearl earring too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully vibrant just like a summer garden.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this Gerri!!! So pretty! Happy belated Mother's Day to you! So glad you had a nice day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Gerri
    That is a beautiful image and I love the sentiment you paired her with. Glorious.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a nice mothers day!! I just cleaned up my craft room yesterday.. I really couldn't see my desk any more.. Hee Hee....
    Such a pretty creation here. And I do believe that quote is so true..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gerri thats superb !! What an absolutely beautiful creation. I love all the colour and detail
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful Gerri - wow - gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...