Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'll teach you some tricks

For today's Retro Cafe Art  design piece, I knew I would be using this cute tv piece cause I love watching certain television.  My favorite shows this season are Once, Game of Thrones, PBS Downton Abbey- now Sherlock, Lost Girl and Mad Men.  What are you watching? And then for me it's all about the story and getting lost in another world another time.....this is probably why I adore reading books too. Now that I think about it, my art has such a narrative quality too and always tells a story! LOL.

 The center piece today is the silver painted Retro TV trinket from Retro Cafe Art. I have accented with the 50's cat eye glasses and the  sentiment "I'll teach you some tricks." I set it into a mod patterned white and silver paper in a chunky white frame. The final touch were the corners that have dimensional painted circles and tiny black stars.

Hope you discover some "secrets" this week.
take care, gerri


"I'll teach you some secrets"

"TV details"

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic work Gerri. And beautiful your story with it.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Gerri Hun,this is beautiful,gosh you always make the most amazing,designs and creations hun hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this. That's all. Thank you. Goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely piece of art Gerri. So striking! I too love Game of Thrones (what series number are you on in the USA - we are on series 2 in the UK) ....I was disappointed that they killed off Ned Stark though....

    ReplyDelete
  5. How simple and yet so enthralling, it takes right back to being young again!!.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute Gerri, love those 50's glasses! I love The Good Wife, Once Upon a time, Scandal, Grimm, Lost Girl and Person of Interest. GCB is good for a laugh too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this. Those glasses are too cute.. Some of my favorite show to watch are The Good wife, Grimm, Criminal minds.. and when I need a good laugh Big Bang theory.. I do hope you enjoy your week my friend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like what you did with this cute little tv

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sure made me smile. Love the specs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're right, and you have good stories to tell too. =) Great glasses to set it off. I've been a fan of Unforgettable...sadly it's being dropped from the next season. =(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...