Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My people have belonged to the sea

Starting a bit late today, so here is my Retro Cafe Art design piece. Of course it's my favorite topic...the sea. I am so lucky to live my the ocean now and even if I don't walk on it's shore, I know it is nearby and always whispering to me. I am including some photos from the Atlanta Aquarium too for some inspiration.

To make this underwater tag. I started with creating the background with the RCA Onomotoholes stencil using luminescent twinkling H2O watercolor paints and Tattered Angels mists to create the illusion of bubbles. I layered two watery images including mermaids and delicate fishes from the RCA Sand and Sea Squares collage sheet that were over painted. The top layer was the beautiful RCA sea horse stencil also using H2O twinkling paints with a tiny pearl eye. The corners are layered with pastel shells and pearls from the ocean deep. Some seaweed (really multicolored fiber, LOL) to tie it all off and finally the water colored text "All my life my people have belonged to the sea.

Hope you can get to the sea this week, even if only in your dreams.
take care, gerri
"All my life my people have belonged to the sea"

"Sea details"

"Coral Reef"

"Yes, these are seahorses!"

10 comments:

  1. Lovely tag! You could enter it at inspiration avenue, too - they are looking for mermaids this week! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful is this tag Gerri. Wonderful sea life. Lovely Seahorse.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag and I live love the sea horse. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Gerri - love the Seahorse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done- love the wonderful background and colors- and images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Gerri, love the live seahorses too. I think my dreams are as close as I will get to the sea in my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh hun that is one brilliant card hun always love your designs, and love the sea horses sorry not been over sooner Hun but the new,puppy is taking up a lot of time,hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tag! I love the effect from the products used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tag looks gorgeous, Gerri! Love your color choices and the little sea shells are the perfect add!

    Beautiful sea life!

    Hugs Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely this is! But all your sea designs are! =) And your photos are great at the aquarium! I bet you had a great time! As you can tell, I'm playing catch up this week. My Art Journaling classes have been popular, which is great, but I'm soooo busy. LoL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...