Sunday, May 13, 2012

Earth fills her lap with Pleasures of her own

First of all .....Happy Mother's Day everyone. Whether you are a mother, have a mother or just have someone special in your life who acts like a mother, this is your special day! Enjoy. Me, well I'm going to send the entire day watching movies while I play in the crafts studio. It will be a restful day since yesterday my husband and I did the Bluffton Village Festival with my collage art and his Classic Wrecks. We spent last week working hard designing our booth, making art and  figuring out all the logistics. It was a gorgeous day and we met all sorts of fun and interesting people! Photos later this week..

Todays project is an altered chai tea box using beautiful bookmark images from Gecko Galz and potpourri! Yes I took the pretty dried leaves and branches right out of my china bowl. LOL! Frilly and Funkie is sponsoring an "Alter It" challenge so,  I'll enter it there too. I also am including some photos of The landscape that I promised I would show you from our historic house and gardens tour. You can see how  the lowcountry landscape here is so inspiring.

Well, the box was really simple to make by first covering it with vintage music paper. The potpourri and the images came next. A different image  on each side. Of course there is hand cut text and Stickles accents too. The top and feet are acorn tops that I picked up. The text in the top acorns says "Glory to the Earth".

Hope your week will be filled with earthly pleasures.
take care, gerri












12 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation Gerri,Happy Mothers Day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous art as always Gerri and such gorgeous photographs.
    happy Mother's Day - ours was back in March in the Uk.
    Hope you are having a good weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pieces Gerri and beautiful photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerri what a great work again. Beatiful combination. Love it. Also beautiful pictures.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project Gerri, love the images you've used and the acorn feet are just fab ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning Gerri!!!! This is just so creative - perfect elements & it does have a very nature & peaceful feel to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's Day -- I hope it was wonderful. You just had to know I'd love this repurposed Chai T box. LOL. So many great design elements, but I especially like how you used the acorns...so COOL! And the pictures are just lovely -- God's creation is just so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Better not let Twinings see... they may want you to design new tea boxes for them! This is one heck of a gorgeous transformation, Gerrie. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Frilly and Funkie! Can't wait to hear all about your foray into the show world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your altered tea box looks fantastic, great images. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything about this post make me smile.. Your altered tea box is AMAZING. Once again I have to say I just love all the little details you add to your work.. And Your photos are so pretty. I wish it was that green here in the desert. But then I guess it wouldn't be a desert. LOL...

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this upcycling of the tea box...so clever! This looks like it has a Christmas feel to it and I love that! Thank you for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome, this is an amazing project...hope you have a super weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...