Monday, April 23, 2012

Sing Sing a Joyous song

Guess what I saw in our backyard at our little house on the lake? A beautiful majestic Bald Eagle, I may have mentioned it before but every time I see it I am amazed. As a symbol of the USA, it is quite striking. First of all it is huge, with a bright white head and tail and bright yellow beak....just amazing. Since I am feeling better, I made this little ATC with a birdie theme. Oh and thank you so much for your warm wishes about my spring cold. It means the world to me.

The starting point for this ATC was the Gecko Galz Tasha Tudor sheet that I printed on a transparency. I watercolored the back to bring out some high lights. I painted the Retro Cafe Art ATC with holes in creams, browns and oranges.After layering the birdie I accented it with Stickles and Liquid Pearls and attached it to the ATC with the sentiment "ye Birds, sing, sing, a joyous song!". Some twine, brown lace and  autumn fabric leaves completed this little piece.

Hope you will sing a joyous song this week.
sincerely, gerri
"ye Birds, sing, sig, a joyous song."

9 comments:

  1. Pretty piece! Glad you are feeling better. Lucky you seeing an eagle, how wonderful! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow Gerri,this is just so beautiful,and the detail,is just amazing,just gorgeous hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous piece Gerri, so pretty. How wonderful that you an see Eagle from your own home. I am looking forward to my visit to the USA in August and hope I might see one at the grand canyon - you never know.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerri awesome this card and this scene. Marvelous.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet little ATC Gerri!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool to see a Bald Eagle.. I pretty sure I will never see one here in the desert.. Maybe a couple of lizards.. But that's about it.. Hee Hee...
    Love your ATC.. Soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Pretty ATC. I hope you're feeling better. Can you believe the change in the weather? Just as soon as I start to get over the sniffles it starts right back up again. We had to turn our heat back on, and then the next two days it's going up to the 80's. I can't keep up. LOL
    Very cool about the Eagle. I think they are so majestic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your beautiful ATC and how fabulous to see a Bald Eagle.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful ATC, great spring feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...