Saturday, April 21, 2012

I saw the prettiest creature

Dear friends, sorry I have not been around this week, I have a terrible cold. Its a beautiful warm week and I am sneezing and coughing all the time. It's so silly. Hopefully I am on the mend now and can get back into the studio to create. I did manage to make this little card using Gecko Galz "TooTweet" from the April digital stamps. Somehow the little plain bird in black in white tweeted to me that it really was a glorious creature of many colors and I just helped it show off!

It was rather simple, I simply over painted the image with  white acrylic then used watercolor paints to bring out the pretty bird. The dimension  was added by using Liquid Pearls and glittery Stickles in soft blues and greens. The sparkle thread for plumage came next. The sentiment says" I saw the prettiest creature". I tore the paper  edges and layered it on some patterned swirly paper to complete my little friend.

Hope you will  see a pretty creature this week.
take care, gerri

"I saw the prettiest creature."

"Pretty details"

7 comments:

  1. Hope your cold is soon better. Love the bird. I have been watching the birds feeding this week, always a pleasure! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Hun just love that bird its so beautiful,hope you start too feel better really soon Hun take it easy hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so very pretty coloured up like this Gerri. Hope you get better real soon and can enjoy the weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Gerri!
    Do hope you feel better soon.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear your not feeling well. But you are still making beautiful ART my friend. I love this..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gerri I think this is wonderful! Get well soon :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes he is the prettiest creature! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...