Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Portable Colorful Garden of Delight

Sometimes I create things that just don't work out. Does that ever happen to you? Well I just put it aside and then magically some day I look at and and an idea comes to me on  how I can improve it. That idea maybe taking it apart and sometimes just using  it's elements. That's what I did today for this little ribbon embroidered necklace. I embroidered a little box top a long time ago, but was never happy with it, so I just took it apart! Now I am delighted.

I put the little embroidered piece in a Retro Cafe Art  Gothic shrine frame that I painted purple and mustard. I put some tiny yellow ribbon around the frame to hide the edge and attached a hook. The ball chain and the hook were colored with bright pink Alcohol inks. My dear friend Mary Lou was kind enough to model it for me today.

Hope you will get to take a see a pretty garden  of delight this week.
artfully yours, gerri
"A Portable Garden of Delight"

"Ribbon details"

7 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous, love the embroidered ribbon and they look perfect in that frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work Gerri. Beautiful this embroidered necklace.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gerri, This is just so beautiful.
    :)Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo, this is so pretty. It reminds me of a dried flower necklace I had years ago (and lost).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooo pretty. Looks like spring my friend..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...