Monday, October 3, 2011

I'll Put You Under My Spell

For todays 100 Proof Press Design Team, I'm still still under the spell of Halloween. It's my favorite holiday because its the day I met my dear husband. We were at a party, I was dressed as a flapper and he was Indiana Jones.  I guess I put him under my spell! LOL.

 So here's today's Purple Halloween card with a hand colored Vintage cutie. I used Oct 31 Fancy Pants Design purple papers from the Flying Unicorn store and then stamped the #1326 100 Proof Press Black Cat border. Some black German scrap  came next to add shine and so does the Black Diamond Stickle accents. The paper flowers were painted with Glimmer Glaze Paint also from Flying Unicorn. They are layered on organza and black paper flowers foe dimension. A Stickles  trimmed "Under Your Spell" sign complete this card.

Hope you will put someone under your spell this week.
artfully yours, gerri
"Under Your Spell"

"Purple Details"

14 comments:

  1. Great piece, Gerri. I think your work is getting even better! Is that possible? The pieces you have chosen work so well together .. it pops. Thanks so much for visiting my blog ... happy you are back. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fantastic Gerri - what a great image and love how you have hand coloured it! Love the flowers too and that paper is an amazing pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Gerri, just love it.
    I have some Halloween printables on my blog and a Halloween link up if you are interested.
    Take care.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic Gerri. It's a great image and the combination is beautiful.
    Lovely greet Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh gerri what a wonderful way to meet you other half and as for your creation hun its just brilliant that is one super image and the combintaion of elements work beautifully hugs cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card - love the catty border! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wonderful! Your layout couldn't be better.
    I am curious, though, as to WHERE you got the German scrap for this one. It's gorgeous!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful. I have to say that flapper gal isn't to scary.. But your project here is wonderful.. Thanks for sharing the story of how you met your hubby..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific card and loving the centrepiece photo. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That paper is incredible! Very Haunted Mansion wallpaper-esque :)
    The girl featured is adorable, too!

    I loved hearing the story about you and your husband....how cute :)
    Any guy who dresses up in something cool for Halloween is a keeper in my book...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very flirtatious my dear ! Indiana Jones you say well that would make any girl swoon ! Fabulous piece love the image and the bling very Gerri and very gorgeous !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, such a fantastic idea, a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you've really dolled up that paper - the cats look like they belong there and I love the blingy blue eyes your new man friend has. Good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...