Friday, May 13, 2011

Graphics Fairy,Unicorns and Poppies, oh my

Well, I have been going  thru withdrawal with no Blogger yesterday and today. My Painting Party Friday post disappeared and so did all comments from May 12th, I guess I will save it for next week. So, if I don't answer your comments from that time, please do forgive me. During that time I also saw that I was featured at the Graphics Fairy-craft blog...WOO-HOO. I had to call my girlfriend and daughter frantically to see it because my blogger wasn't working! Here's the link to check it out: Exceptional Fairy Collage. It was my piece " Somebody dreams of me".

So for today, I will show you something I made for Soartful challenges. The challenge was to use the picture of the Spanish alley. You know my crazy printer, well it printed it out in black and white not color, so I just went with it.I stamped the unicorn and cut it out. I also cut out poppy images and a poppy fairy from Artchix Studio and glued them down. To finish it I water colored on top of everything. To complete it, I added the sentiment "Through the dancing poppies stole a breeze most softly lulling on my soul" and put some red tulle around the frame.
Hope you'll find something to lull your soul this week.
Sincerely, gerri
"Through the dancing poppies stole a breeze most softly lulling on my soul"

"Poppy and John Keats Details"

15 comments:

  1. this is really cool Gerri- I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this gerri,my daughter was a unicorn lover as a teen. Brings back fun memories. hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun piece, Gerri. Love the poppies .. look at all the work in that piece! I love coming over here .. you always inspire me. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it turned out very nice I think! The netting adds such a nice touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gerri, I do love this. I love the vibrant red and the way you framed this is fabulous with the knotted tulle. Beautiful piece. Thanks for being Soartful this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great piece Gerri, full of life and fun. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gerri
    Finally I can comment. We were all a bit lost yesterday, weren't we although I was one of the luckier ones as I was at least able to post on my Blog but missed out on visiting my favourite people.
    What an amazing take on the theme and the use of the image provided. The most gorgeous colours.
    I am working with Google Chrome at the moment so unable to access my e-mails.
    Could you e-mail me at ReadingRoom12@aol.com - if you have done so already then just ignore this.
    Have a lovely Saturday.
    Wishes
    Lynne
    P.S. Are you not taking part in Pink Saturday this week?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Gerri am so loving this, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving it too...fab piece..x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I saw your gorgeous image on The Graphics Fairy Craft blog and was so wowed! Your work is so beautiful. I love this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's really wonderful, love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really think this is one of my favorite pieces thus far! I absolutely love the vibrant reds. I'm curious as to the printer paper you print on that holds up to the watercolors. If you're using watercolor paper, I'm wondering if it has to be a certain type to print on. I have a bit of watercolor paper but I didn't think I could print on it. Anyway, I love how this turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah Gerri there is no stopping a true artist not even a dodgy printer ! Beautiful piece truly inspiring and very evocative.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is outstanding! I love how you painted this and the decoupage looks gorgeous! I love the red tulle, don't you just love it when it all comes together like that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...