Sunday, March 17, 2013

Let them eat Lots of Cake

Today for Retro Cafe ARt I decided to go red! I know it looks like a Valentines Day card but that really wasn't my intension. LOL. I'm sending it off to a new friend as a random act of kindness. I won't sign it inside so she can use it or keep it. It's up to her!

Well, to make this I started with fussy cutting the image of Marie from the Valentine Marie by Cassandra VanCuren sheet and the pretty cake from the Large Rosey Cakes by Marie Van Curen sheet. I layered Marie on a heart shaped paper doily that I kissed with cream paint. The cake was layered  on the packaging of some embellishments. Sometimes  I find that  the packaging of our supplies can be used in our projects too. Accents include ribbon roses, some red gimp, Gold and red Stickles, a red bow and a glittered fleur de isle on her crown. And yes I do know that Marie never said let them eat cake! Did you?

Hope you will get to eat lots of delicious cake this week.
artfully yours, gerri




Let them eat lots of cake




5 comments:

  1. So pretty and I love the colours.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! What a lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love it (of course it is red!) Beautiful work, Gerry. xoDonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow beautiful! Love the colours and the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...